Zombie rave

While I was home that night getting ready (outfit 2)to go the zombie rave I looked in the mirror of my room and left my wig off. I left my contacts out so that my blue eyes shined and my purple hair was seen since my sister had already seen me like this.

I threw my zombie jacket on over me and was pulling tight around me when I heard a knock on the door. Farr's? Come in. What are you doing? Zed asked me. Addison has already seen me like this once before I figured she already knew it was probably ok for Jack to see me this way too.

That's so brave of you. He put a hand on my shoulder. I'm so glad the jacket you made me counts as an approved zombie jacket. I never take it off. But I do take my necklace off when I shower. Help me? I question him giving it to him. No problem. I pull my hair up.

You know when I was younger before you joined us I learned how to braid Zoe's hair. Zoe didn't get to grow up with a mom and dad is a single parent. I had to be a brother and held dad be a mother to her. I could braid yours if you want. Could you teach me how to? Sure. It might be easier if you sit on the bed. I sit on the bed as he sits behind me.

So, how's the play going? I'm having a lot of fun hanging out with the theatre people and doing something I've never done before for a play I know every line to. And Jack? Jack's.... Great. Why did you hesitate? Well, it's just that he's human. So are you technically. No one remembers me, and I wish that I'd been brainwashed too.

It's not fair. I pout. I couldn't grow up with Addison as my sister because my parents chose to give me away instead of covering my hair with a wig like Addison. But Farrah if they hadn't you would never had been my sister or Zoe's and she loves having you as a sister. And so do I he smiles gently looking up into the mirror at me.

It seems like he likes you perfectly fine as a zombie. But I don't look normal Zed not as a human or a zombie. And tonight he'll see me in my true form. And you're gonna tell Addison the truth? Yeah. I nod. You think that's a good idea? I'm gonna try. What if we get caught? I question him. Fingers crossed.

I love you little sister he rubs my shoulders and I'll protect you if anything bad happens to us. Everyone should love you when given the chance. Including Eliza. Zed? If it came down to it she'd push me away too. If something bad happened to you guys she'd push me away towards the humans but the humans will want nothing to do with me.

Should something bad happen to you guys and you end up in handcuffs or something.... They would try handcuffing me too. I wouldn't be affected by anything zombie so maybe they wouldn't but no one would want me. You wouldn't want me to be in trouble like you guys and Eliza would push me away as a "human" and if no one wanted me I'd probably be drugged and brought back home anyways.

You don't know that. She already didn't like me when I first came here. But you've grown on her you have the same feeling for humans as she does. And I'd pull you to my side. I won't let anyone hurt you. Now come on we're throwing a party tonight for well my winnings and our winnings as zombies. Things are looking up sis. He leans over and kisses the top of my head.

Let's go greet Addi and Jack he holds out his arm as I link it with my own. Everything will be fine. You can't promise that. I feel him flinch as we go down the elevator. You ok? Your wrist looks a little red. You should stop using your Z-band. I can't I have to do it for the team. If I didn't we wouldn't win. Zed? I frown.

We go to the front of the gate at nightfall and meet up with Jack and Addison. Hey guys. Wow Farrah is that really you? Jack asks me. Yeah, I pull at my dress. This is me. Why? I can put my wig and contacts back on and back in if it doesn't look ok?! No, no he pulls my hands into his own. You look great. He smiles pushing my hair out of my face. I'm glad to be here. Yeah, Addison agrees nodding her head. Totally not freaked out at all.

Hey you ok you're not looking too hot? Addison says in concern for my brother. Ouch! He playfully teases. No, you know what I meant. She tells him. It just that I have to mess with my Z-band to make us win games. Isn't that a little dangerous? Yeah but if I didn't we wouldn't be winning any games. And zombies would never be accepted. I know how that feels she tells us.

Addison. Speaking of confessing things.... Addison there's something I need to tell you before we're all blocked out from the noise of the party. Yeah, so this is like a celebration for you winning games? She asks Zed. No, not just me but for Farrah too for all of us. For her up coming weekend as Juliet and a win for zombies in general. And we really needed a win.

Addison I really need to tell you something before there's too much noise everywhere. I don't mean to drop this bomb on you or make the fun mood go away but Addison before the party starts if I don't tell you now I'll never get the chance to tell you like at all. Addison I take her hands. If I seem familiar to you its because I should.

You might not believe me but 8 years ago everyone got brainwashed to forget about me. Why? Because I might legally be a zombie but I'm not biologically a zombie. Addison I'm human. And until we were 8 we were actually we are actually twin sisters. Wait I'm confused. I have no memories of you. She shakes her head. I'll explain more later but for now let's have some fun.

Did you know that there were 23 ways to say the word brains in zombies? I asked her. Yeah we have a "rich" language. Zed tells her. So you like a girl with brains? Addison teases as we joke around making fun of ourselves when Eliza stops us. You know that's offense right? She asks. No, no I'm sorry we were just joking. You brought a couple of humans to a zombie mash? Little miss cheer boots?

Jack fine, he's a theatre person like Farrah. But humans here? Why not Farrah already gave her a total bomb on being her sister. That was so brave of you she frowns at me. Come on Zed takes my hand. It's starting. We go to get into our places as green smoke starts up and Bonzo plays the music. 

And halfway through we got Jack and Addison playing along with Eliza. They were all starting to get along. And it was true we were the same but different. Zombies really do celebrate their differences. Even me. My favorite part was with the silver jackets. And the glow in the dark.

But when it was over.... Zed? You ok? I can barely feel my wrist the Z-band hack really hurts. I frown. Addison disappears with Jack around the corner and find Zoey sitting there cheering with her own stuffed dog Zander. And Addison is happy to see her cheering that to both of them it made them happy.

Hey you're Farrah and Zed's sister. Yeah, I'm Zoey. You're Addison and Jack. Your my sister's real sister. You know about that huh? She asks her. Yeah, I kind of overheard her and Zed talk about it sometime and I remember when she became my sister. She was fast asleep and bruised. All scratched up pale and had her green hair glued onto her and my brother and daddy chipped it off of her.

She was scared at first when she woke up the next morning and her new skin wouldn't come off in the shower and was scared we'd eat her. You know I think you're old enough to have a real dog? Stop teasing her you know zombies can't have pets. Eliza tells her. I had no idea I'm still learning that zombies aren't what we were taught. Like you and my sister.... You're smart and cool and pretty.

And so is Farrah. Smart, cool and beautiful. Jack compliments. You think I'm pretty Eliza asks Addison. You think I'm beautiful? I ask Jack as we come around. Uh yeah he runs a hand through his hair. Zoey sweetie what are you doing here? I ask her. Yeah, you shouldn't be here. Zed warns. Please like I'm gonna miss a zombie mash. Now whose a good boy? She asks Zed. I nudge him. Come 'ere girl. She pats her leg.

Ruff! I bark at her. Ruff! Zed barks at her back. Then we start barking at each other too. Good boy good girl. She pets us. Addison and Jack laugh. Come on I'll take you home. Eliza tells her. Zed and Farrah need to stay here so they can make sure Addison and Jack get back safe. Wait! Jack calls out. Don't forget Zander.

Hey Eliza we should hang out sometime. Addison tells her. And I love your boots. Jack compliments. They're cool. Eliza tells us. Yeah for a couple of humans huh? Nah they're just cool you guys look good together. All of you. See ya! They call after Zoey. Bye. She waves back.