My year

Now that I'm 14 it's my birthday again so I guess today I'm really 15. It's the beginning of a new year, and after what felt like pulling teeth Zombies are finally being welcomed to human school. Ah Seabrook the home of all the perfects, the perfect people the perfect houses, everything perfect, and it used to always be that way. It didn't always used to be zombies vs "normals" but it all began with a lime soda incident that somehow managed to turn a certain handful into zombies.

But we have a safe solution a fence in between. A barrier that separates the humans from the zombies. But today it's just like I said first day of school with humans. Back "home" I'll be returning. But first (outfit 1) I got dressed, and stuck in the contacts and put the wig on over my purple hair. And left my room. I was about to crouch down and start acting like a dog for Zoe. I had a big ol' smile on my face.... But then I let out a startled screech as arms wrapped around me.

Geez sorry didn't mean to scare ya. Oh wait ya I did. My brother said to me with his own smirk on his face. Surprise! Happy birthday Farrah. Zed I love you but you're a dork. Come sit down it's the first day of school. Come have something to eat. Moring kid happy birthday. Thanks dad. He kissed my cheek serving me breakfast.

Then there was a box dropped in front of me. I jumped a bit from the loud noise. I made you something. Me too Zoe told me handing me a smaller box. I don't like getting gifts since I first got here, but my siblings at the least never stop trying. My dad respects my wishes and won't bother getting me something but I remind them I don't want anything. Come on open it. Zed begged me. Ok, ok.

When I opened it, I expected something to jump out at me, but instead I looked into the box and saw this (upgraded zombie jacket )Wow! I pulled it out and put it on. Thanks Zed. And on the back is even a Z on it so you can wear this decked out "zombie jacket" instead of the other ones. I love it, I'll wear it always. Thank you. My turn. I opened the smaller box and looked at (zombie necklace)in awe.

It's so pretty thank you Zoe. Dad and Zed helped me make it. She admitted. Thanks you guys you guys are the best. Love you guys. We love you too Farrah. 7 years now you've been in this house, and we loved you the first time we laid eyes on you wondering how someone could harm such a beautiful child.

Well you better get going have a good first day of school. Be careful. We will. Let's go. Meanwhile.... My sister Addison is cheering in her bedroom going on about cheer she's excited for Freshman year to start too. She wants to fit in and be perfect but she had to wear a wig to hide her silver hair. She wants to make the team at tryouts and we all know that she will since it's in her blood and DNA. Addison says she doesn't want any presents either that all she wishes for is to be normal and make the squad but her parents hand her a new phone and give her $20 for her birthday present.

She grabs her bag and heads out the door. This will be the year, our year, my year.

As we appear at the school on our side of the fence to go into school that's when I see Addison and Bucky. There's an officer waiting for us as if we're some kind of criminals about to enter the school. And then I lock eyes with someone I've never seen before not even as a little kid. He's got pale skin like us but more the humans color than ours and he has bright blue eyes but most of the "normals" do. And he's got bleach blonde hair that almost looks silver but just blonde enough to be human. He's got tan pants that cut off at the ankles with a light blue hoodie on. He's got all of these theatre pins and things on his bag so he's also into the things that I'm into also.

Then I look away and to Addison when our eyes lock at each other too. I pray in my mind that something sparks in her that I look the least bit familiar. But then the school bell rings and Zed and I all preppy and cheery remind our friends that we won't have to have class in a damp dingy basement anymore, but then that's exactly what we have.

Inside the real part of the school Addison mentions that we're just going to school like them, but Bucky thinks there's nothing like them about us. And that in these hard times that everyone will be looking at the cheer squad. Addison runs into hyper cheer happy Bree and they become fast friends. They can't wait for cheer tryouts after school.

Addison turns behind her to her cousin who has walked off the other direction and bites her lip then turns out.... I would've mentioned it before to Bucky but he'd thought I was crazy but there's a girl on the zombie side that sparked some kind familiar something or other about her to me. Like I've seen her before. But it's just my imagination. Right?

Down stairs in the basement we're told not to leave it and that we can't tryout, but is that gonna stop Zed or I? Of course not looks like we're gonna have to sneak out.