Someday

Now that we're in the zombie safe room alone we close the door behind us, turn on the lamp playing with the kitchen supplies. 

When we exit the room we all put a little more distance between each other. We hope someday this would be some ordinary thing and that we could all be with each other freely without judgment. We heard the bell ring and people started coming out of their classes.

It was Friday so Jack and I don't have play practice today but Zed's got his first game and that means Addison and Bree will be cheering him on and even though I'm not a cheerleader I will be too, and so will Jack. Too bad things weren't going well since no one was guarding him and no one was passing him the ball. If they didn't act like a team fast we would lose and we'd have to go back to the basement.

Which means I'd never see Jack again and probably never go to play practice again. We needed this win for all of us! My dad and sister were there watching Zed play, as I sat with them. The announcers weren't helping matters by doing their announcing job, we were losing a lot. But my sister was doing a good job. Then Zoe started cheering and Eliza turned to her to remind her that Zombies don't cheer for cheerleaders.

During half time the team went through another play and got told what do after half time and the coach was trying to give a pep talk but was failing and everyone knew we'd lose. He asked Zed what was happening, he told him that it was probably just team chemistry that he wasn't sure the team was actually blocking for him.

Then principal Lee came in and reminded Zed about the deal they made. Zed we had a deal, either win this game or its bake to the basement. And coach? Great job now people hate us and we're losing! Zed what happened to that strength I saw the other day at the pep rally. Oh that was my Z-band.... Great use that. Wait coach I can't I really can't.

He frowned then came to find Eliza and I to help him trick out his Z-band. But Eliza didn't want to cave. Come on you already tricked yours out to play video games. He said to her. Yeah, but this is different this is dangerous I'm sorry but no. Come on if I win this game that's good for all of us and that's a win for zombies. He's got a point Eliza said the human turned zombie, but this is a win that we need. Besides if you won't do it than I will.

Fine, she says taking out her computer. Too much zombie, ooh too much human, a little more and perfect. Listen carefully never ever swipe right only left if you swipe right you'll corrupt the software. And Zed, I place my hand on his shoulder. Yeah? One break a leg out there for another if you smell smoke stop drop and roll. He laughs walking away tossing his helmet up in the air and then catching it.

When he gets back out there we start to actually win. Yeah go Zed! My twin sister cheers for him trying to get the rest the team to cheer along with her same with the audience but Bucky doesn't like it one bit. Yeah, that's my son! Dad cheers for him. Go Zed Zoe and I cheer for him. And somehow Seabrook wins. For the first time in forever.

Addison and I tried to get closer as did I and Jack and Zed and Addison. It was kind of weird and kind of cool that my siblings were hanging out but Addison still had no idea who I really was, and neither did anyone else.

Also opening night will be on homecoming day, before the game and we're getting our costumes tomorrow, this is a great play to be putting on for our school. We're trying to break free of the status quo and we know how R&J ends but it won't end that way for us. At least I hope not. But people we're liking us now, enough to even try and sit with us at lunch.

Being liked was weird. Being taken was a nightmare but being a zombie was cool I actually had a family that loved me and being liked by a human was strange since I was being sent away because of humans. Jack and my sister tried to join us but the cheer minions wouldn't let them. What are you doing? They asked them. You're either pro cheerleader or you're pro zombie they told Addison.

Wait what?! They asked in sync. You have no idea how long I've.... She started saying but then got cut off. So what's it going to be? They asked her. Obviously Jack has made his choice already her over humans theater over cheer. But you have a choice to make Addison. I wanna be a cheerleader that's all I ever wanted.

Jack came over to sit with us, he didn't care about what Bucky or the other cheerleaders thought. Addison was upset when Zed called her over and she didn't come and say hello leaving Zed upset too. This zombie trend will pass we won't win another game. Bucky said. But he was wrong.

Over the course of the next few Fridays on game days we kept winning and people were blinging out on zombie stuff. And Jack and I were getting excited for R&J coming up. And even Eliza and I were finally starting to become better friends. There was someday at school (outfit 4) where Bucky thought people were coming over to ask him for an autograph but then turned to us at some table we were sitting at as they came up to Zed and I.

And Eliza was excited to take her laptop and go to computer class, and she was actually happy. Zed and the team had won every game we played and next week would be homecoming week. But this weekend we were having a zombie raid and Zed wanted to invite Addison to come to our side and join us, and I was gonna do the same with Jack.

In his locker it exploded confetti and a note reading "cheering for you on the inside" from Addison. And inside my own locker same thing. "Break a leg on opening night my Juliet" <3 your Romeo I smiled at it hugging it close to my chest. After that Zed had Bonzo give Addison her notes from us. One said "Ready to break every rule in the book?" The other read "Addi when you and Jack come tonight I have something really important to tell you."

At play practice I'd slipped a note into the guys dressing room for Jack on it, it read the same thing that Zed wrote to Addison and the part I added. We were in the theatre finishing up some set stuff I was working on one project and Jack was working on something else. He read the note and turned over to watch me and we locked eyes and smiled at each other. Then the screen does that split thing. Both Addi and Jack: I could get in so much trouble, I'm in!