Well it's a start

Wow Zed you really delivered! Eliza told him. We have our own table in a dark corner right under cheap fluorescent lights right by the trash cans. I know! Zed agrees with Eliza. It's perfect. We sit down to eat.

On the other side of the cafeteria behind a velvet rope Jack joined Addi and Bucky and the other cheerleaders for lunch. Bree was talking to Addi about being a flyer and then something about oxygen being overrated, and so was dirt....

Addi wasn't listening. Bucky was talking to Jack about cheer but he wasn't listening either. When Bree realized she wasn't listening she thought she was sick. When Bucky realized Jack wasn't paying attention he thought he was thinking of ways how to give us grief.

Addi was lucky Bucky wasn't paying attention to her or Bree cause Jack turned to them and heard Bree ask her if she liked Zed. Jack turned back towards me and watched us. He may had decided that if it was possible she liked him that he liked me.

Addi and Jack both knew that, that was bad, that they shouldn't like us, that they shouldn't even think about liking a zombie or having anything to do with us. Addi wasn't even sure we remembered her name, but then Zed called out to her.

What are you doing? I whispered to him. Just saying hello. Well, I wouldn't want to be rude. Bree promised that she wouldn't tell anyone Addi liked him, and she got up to walk over to us.

Jack got up, but Bucky pulled him down. Where are you going? I'm not one of your cheer minions Bucky you can't keep me from doing what I'm doing. Farrah is my friend, and I'm gonna go talk to her.

He pulls away from him and walks after Addison and just in time too, because she was trying to talk to us in zombie but thanked Zed for rubbing peanut butter on her umbrella. At least she was trying.

What Addison means to say, Jack cut in is welcome to the cafeteria. Hi Farrah he waved at me. Hi. I waved back. Eliza didn't like that she was here. The whole point of having our own table is that people like her aren't over here.

But, Jack's over here. She points out. Addi what Eliza means is that cheerleaders are.... They're monsters plain and simple. She says. But that Jack is a theatre person and.... And we're freaks on our own, theatre people are the closest thing to zombies.

But when Addi wants to thank Zed for saving his life Bucky's minions come over and get them. They say their fighting for intolerance against zombies. And well they don't seem to like that, then they accuse her of being different.

That her cousin wouldn't like hearing about this, and that she could end up at the reject table.... Just like that. And all she wanted to do was cheer, but if people knew she was different they'd never let her cheer.

But Jack refused to leave. He's not a cheerleader he can do what he wants. He didn't care what people thought. I better go, I'll see you at play practice. Yeah, I nod my head. See ya.

When lunch is over we all meet back up again. Sorry we couldn't sit with you at lunch, I know that we wanted to. No, no its ok we understand no hard feelings. It's just maybe someday. But anyways thanks for saving me at the prep rally.

Are you kidding? It worked out for everybody I'm on the football team and if we win a game maybe zombies will finally be accepted and this could just be an ordinary thing.

Wouldn't that be something. It's so hard to fit in. Addi says. Yeah? Tell me about it. I agree. How would you know Zed asks her. You're perfect. Jack frowns at her. My hair its a wig. You too? I ask her. Yeah my real hair is freakish. Same here.

Well can I see it? Zed asks trying to move her hair back. No! Never! She panics. Sorry, its just my parents always made me hide my real hair and their right cause now I'm on the squad and I fit in.

Farrah, you said your hair was a wig too? Jack questions. Yeah my hair its.... Different. But I thought you were a zombie? Addison questions. No Addison, actually I've only lived with the zombies for 8 years ever since I was 8 years old.

The truth is Addison.... I'm.... T: I'm your twin sister. I'm human I just look different. These are contacts, my Zband doesn't even work. But I have to dress like one. The skin spray paint it doesn't come off. Hasn't for 8 years.

I was born here, lived here for 8 years but the town, and my family they had their brains erased of me ever being here, my parents had me taken away on mine and my sister's 8th birthday they got rid of anything with evidence of me.

Can we see it? Jack asked. No. I frown shaking my head. I don't fit in with humans or zombies, the only difference I had was my hair, can't be dyed or cut or whatever and Drs. can't explain it. You too? She asks. Addison?

Hold that thought. Zed says pushing us into the zombie safe room. This is where we met. Addison says. And our first punch. Zed teases. This is the only place we can be together.