I guess we're family now

When I woke up in the morning, I must admit that I was half awake, I didn't even notice that there had been a little girl in my new bed. As I half consciously went into the closet and grabbed whatever would be the equivalent of something gothish or I guess zombie-esc. I mean come on with the blacks, greens, and purples.

I grabbed a towel that had been laying on the foot of the bed, which must've been placed there this morning at some point, and went to go take a shower, as I let what hot water was available in the shower, or whatever water period was in the shower. Cause it doesn't look like there's much of it, or at least not when you've got your mini garden out front with the wilted sunflower that gets mostly dust and little bit of water if that.

After that, I was fully wide awake now, more or less, but nothing could prepare me for what happened next, after I'd finished getting dressed. I was brushing my hair, and I went to check the mirror and didn't even recognize the reflection that was looking back at me. I screamed. Which alerted the little girl zombie laying in my bed.

She let out a big yawn, and little jump. Daddy, sissy's awake! She called rushing out of the room. I went to go splash my face with whatever I could find that would be able to wash stuff off with, I mean they must have water, because surely they don't smell bad or everyone at the school would also be complaining about their smell.

Why won't this come off?! I asked myself trying scrub away the white paint. And what is this on my head? What happened to my purple hair? And why do I have green eyes? Where are my blue ones? Where am I? The last thing I remember was that government officials.... I screamed again, and tears crawled down my face.

I wanna go home. I cried hugging myself. Maybe this is all just a bad dream. That's it, I'll crawl back into bed, close my eyes again and wake back up and I'll have my purple hair, maybe that blonde wig back on, my blue eyes, my biological sickly pale skin, I won't have this strange but honestly surprisingly sweet Leatherman jacket or this weird Zband band thing. I'll be back in my room and I'll be 8 years old like I am cause yesterday was my birthday, and this will have all just been one big misunderstanding.

Right? I'm sorry kiddo the father of the family says coming into the room, but that misunderstanding is your misunderstanding. W-who are you? And who are they? What happened to me? Where am I? Please don't hurt me. I cry wrapping my arms around myself scared out of my mind.

No one is going to hurt you, you're safe here now sweetie. I'm the dad of the family here, and we're zombies, these are my kids Zoe and Zed. Um ok.... So, that I guess answers the where I am part, I'm in Zombieland. But why? I think you honestly know the answer to that one. Even though we read your files, when the government people literally threw you on our doorstep after putting you to sleep it sounds like....

So, what's your name? Farrah, Farrah Jade. That's a very pretty name. W-w-what happened to me. Why do I look like you? Because legally you are one of us now. The dad said with a frown on his face. Ok.... But that doesn't explain what happened to me. Last I checked I still looked human even after my whole family and all of Seabrook got brainwashed to forget I ever existed.

And not to mention on my birthday too. But, they didn't think to even brainwash me. Just because I've got an odd natural colored hair color that I was born with. I used to wear a blonde wig, and had a sister, but she still kind of remembered me so they had to spray her again, and they probably had to get rid of all and any memories of me in the house. It's not fair my sister had the same problem, she was my twin sister, but they just let her keep her blonde wig.

But, I guess its better to leave a family that clearly didn't want me to.... Oh who am I kidding? I'm not wanted anywhere, I'm biologically human but legally a zombie, humans are afraid of zombies but I bet you all will fear me cause if this green wig was off right now my purple hair is still different then your green hair. The government people put me to sleep, and were probably the ones that forcibly opened my eyes and stuck the contacts in my face, and the jacket onto my body, and glued this green wig onto my head and dyed my skin an even unhealthier pale skin color than I originally had all while I was sleeping.

And why won't this white stuff come off? Ow! Cause its basically your skin now. That white skin dye stuff is like stuck on you forever, like real forever not commercial fake forever that only lasts up to 9 months forever. And the green wig? We chipped the glue off, we thought it was cruel of them to do that, but you can take it off. I take it off and toss it back onto the bed.

What about all these black, purple and green clothes? Not that I mind the colors. Cause those are the colors that zombies wear. As for the jacket and Zband? Government official, but we can bling 'em out however we want. The Zband is also government official, if you break rules and your bad supposedly you get a mild shock. It's too keep us from eating brains or whatever, which isn't exactly true. Well its not true, we don't actually do that.

Hm.... Sounds like everything humans think they know about you or us zombies is a lie. What about animals? Can't have them people think we'll eat 'em which sucks cause Zoe's always wanted a dog. But I pretend to be one for her and she's got a stuffed one. It's her favorite toy. And I mean we're loyal like dogs too. You think no one wants you, but that's not true, when the zombies were getting ready to host you and have you become part of someone's new family....

Wait, wait, wait.... How long has this been going on for? How old are you? 8 just yesterday? For at least 3 months, but we didn't know when you'd be coming. We asked for you to be part of our family. It will take a little bit of convincing for Eliza but Bonzo will be cool with you. Eliza doesn't exactly trust humans.

Good, because I don't now either. Say, since yesterday was a total bust why don't we go out today, and I show you around the neighborhood. And you can meet my friends. Um, ok but since I'm part of the family now do I have to change my name to something with a Z in it? Nah its cool.

Come on I can't wait for you to meet my friends. He grabs my hand and pulls me out the door. After meeting his friends, Eliza is skeptical of me at first. Hold that thought. Farrah stay, Eliza can I talk to you for a sec.? She crosses her arms. Zed, that girl could be a spy, you can't trust her. Eliza, she was sedated and thrown on our doorstep. All of Seabrook was brainwashed to forget she ever existed, she's covered in cuts, scars and bruises, and she thinks no one wants her.

She turns her head.... She had a family, and a twin sister with the same problem as her, but her parents kept her and sent Farrah away. She's our age and just barely turned. She turned back to him. What does that mean? She frowns. The government people took her away on her birthday her parents kicked her out of her house on her birthday. She was forced to be placed in a new home in a new family as the only person in her family who gets to remember her first family while the rest have no idea she even existed.

She drops her arms, and rubs her arm feeling guilty. Ok, ok you convinced me. For now. Zed waved me over. I frowned, he nudged Eliza and she put on a fake happy smile and welcomed me with wide arms. A small smile appeared on my face as I came over and hugged her. You owe me Zed. She whispers to him.

Maybe life won't really be so bad after all, there's a family who wants me for me here and now I've got some friends. The jacket is cool and my dad says since I'm biologically human if my Zband got tricked out I'm the only one that would be able to swipe left and not go stereotypical zombie nuts, and look human again if for whatever reason I'd have to.

Not to mention my room is super cool, and I think me and my new siblings will be the best of friends. I mean pretending to be a dog for a little girl like my new sister Zoe is actually kind of fun. Playing with Zed like one, pretending to tear things up with my teeth like one, and just full out acting like one, when she wants us to that is. Seems like Zed will have to show me the ropes, and I think this will be the start of a beautiful friendship. I mean how many people can really say their best friend is their sibling?

Unless of course you're a sibling in any of my fan fictions after all. ;) A little ironic perhaps humor. I think I might just like it here after all.