Dolores

I don't make me get violent I 

"We need to follow a new lead," Five says, quickly turning his head to face the group. Luther is eyeing me with an utmost expression of distrust. His fear reeks—spreading throughout the room. I can practically see the intoxication of emotion in his eyes. He leans towards Alison as if trying to protect her. "We know the apocalypse is coming in 7 days. And we know the general cause." 

"You mean, Y/N," Luther says bluntly, folding his hands. His fake air of macho is the facade of his true feelings. He is terrified of me. "Y/N causes the appocolapse." 

Klaus waves his hands in the air with a tiny smile on his face. "Huh. How could Y/N cause the apocalypse of the entire world when she doesn't even know what sex is?" He chuckles softly to himself. 

Five gives him a dry look. "How do those things correlate?" 

Alison frowns giving me a quick look of sympathy. "Wait, you don't know...you never—you never got the talk?" She taps her fingers on her legs. Luther rolls his eyes. Alison has come out from behind her uncalled for human shield and glances at me, holding eye contact. I count the beats. 1-2-3– and then it's over. 

"No Alison, because I was too busy being electrocuted. Reginald didn't have the time to talk to me about whatever this 'talk' is about," I snap. "Can we please get back on subject because I would rather not cause the end of the world!" 

Five sighs. "Y/N." he means it in a calming way. Eyes meet mine. Hold. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8–. "It's not just her. In the future, there was someone else. Two peoples powers combined caused it." He pauses, whether for dramatic effect or not I don't know. "I think—no, I know. Vanya and Y/N together." 

Everyone falls silent for a second.

"Vanya doesn't have powers," Diego says, spreading his palms open with confusion. "Right?" 

"She does," A breath exhaled. Someone breathes in sharply. Everyone's eyes are wide. I blink. "I remember back when we were kids." 

Alison stares at the ground. A wave of fear rushes over her sharply. Sharper than anything I've felt before. It's guilt mixed with fear—so much fear—so much emotion. 

"Alison," Her name slips out of my mouth before I can stop it. "You knew. You know. You were the one who made Vanya believe she was powerless." The others just look on in pure shock. "You used your power on her when we were kids." 

Alison's eyes fill with tears and I take that as an answer. 

"No." Luther shakes his head. Swallows hard. "No, that can't be true. Vanya is ordinary. She's the only one of us without powers." 

"You're quick to believe that Luther," I say. Cold. Expressionless. "Vanya is the most powerful out of us all." 

A crack at the door. Vanya appears. Her face is startled. There is a man beside her. He's unfamiliar to me. Short dark hair. Taller than Vanya. 

Vanya's face turns as she realizes what she's just heard. The man takes a quick step in, awkwardly looking around. 

"Hi," His eyes are alight. I recognize something about it. It's deep down but it's there. "My name is Leonard. I'm uh, Vanya's friend. Is this a bad time?" 

Vanya balks. Turns around and leaves. 

His face stays the same. Calculated, yet kind. His eyes are still bright. It's the way he holds himself. Fidgety. Not an inch of fear in him. I can tell there's something else there. Something that replaces the fear. 

Madness. 

Who is he? 

Klaus slaps his knees. "This has been a nice family discussion but I'm just going to go drink myself to death." He stands up. Pushes past Leonard with a quick smile. "Nice to meet you. Welcome to the family jewels." 

Alison—face contorted with pain, dashes up the stairs, Luther on her tail. Diego is left. But only for two seconds. He gets up. Goes out the back door. 

Leonard follows Vanya out the door. And it's just Five and I. His face is stony. He stares at me for a couple seconds. 

"That was—that wasn't." He doesn't finish his sentence. Spacial jumps into nothingness. I lay there. Close my eyes. Fall asleep. 

When I wake up, Five is gone. A note is on the table. Library. That's all it says. 

I walk there. Streets full of cars. Full of people who don't know me. Don't know that I could kill them in an instant. I'm sure the institution is still attempting to track me down. 

The library is empty too. Until I hear the clanging of a bottle. 

"Five?" 

He's sitting there. Loss of dignity completely. The empty bottle rolls away from him on the ground. He's cuddling this...mannequin. His arms are wrapped around it like a lifeline and his eyelids have drooped until they are nearly shut. 

"Heyyyy," Five's words slur. He looks over at me. "Heyyyy Y/N. You're pretty—" hiccup. "Especially now that you—" hiccup. "Now that you don't look thirteen." He grins lazily. "You're actually damn hot." His hands drift lazily over the mannequin's ears. "Shhhh Dolores. I love you too." He reaches out for me. "C'mere. I'm going to give you the—" hiccup. "—talk." 

I frown. "Five, you're very drunk right now so I'm just going to go. And come back probably never. Sober up." 

"Nooooo," Five whines. "Please—" hiccup. "Please stay with me. I love you." 

I blink. My heart freezes. "What?" 

He seems to sober up a bit more. "I love you." 

"You're drunk," I repeat. 

"Drunk words are the most honest." 

"Fine," I say. "Then tell me when you're sober." I walk over to him. Look him in the eye. He leans in. I put my hand out, even though I want to kiss him. "Let's go, idiot. Are you going to introduce me to your girlfriend?" 

"This is Dolores," he smirks. "She's pretty good in bed, for a mannequin." 

I want to be dead right now.