furys furious

avengers tower

all the avengers were sprawled out over the sofas in the lounge area or making food in the kitchen when a raging fury stormed in.

he slammed a file down, showing his agents most of which in hospital. he then pulled out his phone and barked to everyone to sit in the lounge area.

"chill your boots"
tony muttered strolling to a sofa.

fury  sent tony a glare and without a word plugged his phone to the tv which  began to play footage of stiles. more accurately stiles beating up some of his agents, climbing onto a roof and throwing his little gadgets.

tony and bruce watched on in awe as a small pellet electrocuted most of the agents and a pigeon. a couple avengers stifled a laugh when stiles went back for the pigeon.

the two tech nerds continued to stare at the boy as he threw a small sphere on the ground, no bigger than an acorn, the ball erupted into black and white smoke, by the time the smoke cleared his car was a speck in the distance.

"what on earth are those devices, could we buy some?"
bruce asked fury, he seemed genuinely puzzled by the electronics

"no. we can't buy them. he made them. and we don't know what else he's made."

tony looked at fury bewildered. before he could ask bruce beat him to it.

"he created those? what a mind! that's brilliant. how old did you say he was?"

"17"
fury muttered. this was not the reaction he wanted. they were engrossed in the scientific skills stiles had not his evident power and danger.

"17... i would love to meet him someday"
bruce said as if fanboying.

" i agree green guy. and look, pirate, that kids evidently smart, couldn't we recruit him instead of hunting him down? imagine how useful someone with those types of skills could be. he would make a powerful asset"

many of the avengers nodded in agreement at this.

fury send a death stare at tony

"no. we are obtaining him not befriending him. he is a danger and a liability."
he spoke sharply.

"is that all? can we go back to our day off?"
steve spoke up, a hint of anger in his voice. something about the way fury spoke of this kid really got on steve's nerves.

"there's more america. just watch"
fury spat.

all the avengers turned their attention to the tv again. fury pulled up a new video of a gas station. the owner was passed out on the floor while three agents were talking quickly. they snapped their heads to look out the window at a jeep pulling up. sending orders the men dispersed. except one posing for the cashier.

they watched as stiles entered. he picked up monster energy and some crackers before going to pay for his fuel and snacks. a flicker of distrust passed over his face.

natasha thought the agents were lousy actors. and she knew stiles had caught on. they watched as the two made small talk before stiles headed down one of the aisles. he turned to look at the agents before ducking his head and following a trial of blood created by the passes out shop owner.

stiles hurried back. dropped the gum over the counter, snatched a pack of cigarettes and crackers off the top and spun to leave. then getting punched in the gut before he slammed his drinks can round an agents head. sending them crumpling to the floor like wet cardboard.  he then booked it to the exit before getting shoved back and crashing through a shelf.

they saw him get injected with sedative and only a few seconds later wake up. 

he was different. all of them could see that. he held an air of calm alien to that situation. his face was paler. his eyes had turned to coal black and he walked with more clarity.
stiles just strolled out. crushing the bell before he left.

one agent pulled out a gun. steve tensed. a gunshot ran out. stiles had stepped aside to let it pass as if it was good manners to let it go. he smirked and threw a new device down. this one sent up a wall of foamy stuff, rainbow coloured. stiles threw a small box in front of the agents cars followed by a small flash of light and in the gas stations light it was clear he had thrown down an exploding box of tacks. he turned around and shot off again.

two agents ran out. they revved their cars and tried to chase after him. their wheels hit the tacks. tony expected their tires to pop. instead the tacks exploded. ice covered the car windows and ground nearby. the agents were frozen down.

tony couldn't help but chuckle

"he has now evaded and injured multiple agents. you need to get on this now. and i mean now."
fury bellowed

"okay cool guy and how? we know sedative doesn't do the trick so. what?"
tony bit back. 

"i don't care, sever his legs off if it means he'll stay still"

and with that fury angrily stormed out.