forgive and forget

stiles woke up slowly, for a moment he forgot where he was. as soon as he was coherent enough the sounds of the avengers moving about their day were around him- reminding him of his current situation. he heard a few whispers about his return and nothing more.

stiles carefully got out of his bed, he stretched out his limbs with satisfying cracks and checked on patrick who was happily asleep in his nest. stiles smiled and made a mental note to get him some food before snapping a picture and sending it to clint.

he then made his way out of his room and to the kitchen. once he entered a few heads turned his way.

clint, bucky, steve, tony and peter were there. tony and peter who had previously been hunched over a small piece of tech looked up. tony nodded in his direction whilst peter gave a tentative smile. stiles returned it.

clint barrelled in to him- pulling stiles into a bro hug, lifting him slightly off the ground. if stiles had been human he was sure a couple ribs would have cracked.

"there's my favourite chaos wreaker"
he laughed smiling at him fondly. stiles grinned back

"patrick's loves his nest by the way"
clint broke out into a wider grin and nodded

"i was more than proud of that"

bucky patted his shoulder lightly

"welcome back fortis fox"
he muttered. a faint smile on his face. steve patted him as well and ruffled his hair.

"we missed you"

stiles felt his heart warm a little and grinned back at him. he went to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee with a bowl of cereal. then he joined clint on the couch- he was watching bluey. stiles didn't comment.

after a few episodes peter sat next to him with a cup of tea. neither spoke a word for a while. testing the waters- stiles didn't get up to leave, he opted for waiting to see how the whole thing would play out- curiosity getting the better of him.

"can i talk to you? alone..."

peter finally asked looking down at the floor. stiles nodded and followed him to the roof. a thick amount of silence covered the scene regardless of the bustle of city below them. stiles moved first and sat on the edge of the building. he looked out on the city he had happily left a year ago. peter soon joined him.

he pulled out a fresh pack of cigarettes and a lighter then handed them to stiles. he quirked an eyebrow as he picked up the cigarettes.

"you smoke?"

peter shook his head- a small smile played on his lips.

"no but it's a small peace offering for you. i wanted to apologise in person. i was being stupid but i thought i was doing what was right. it's taken me too long to realise how much of a mistake it was. i'm sorry"

stiles didn't speak for a moment. he pulled out one of the cigarettes and put it to his lips- igniting the end and taking a long pull. he let the smoke whisper out of his mouth before responding.

"what you did ruined a lot for me... but i still understand why you did it. peter, i had a lot of time to think and i like you- a lot. i don't want to stop talking to you if we can just forget about it and move on. just know that if you pull anything like that again i will walk away and i will never go near you again."

he pulled on the cigarette again breathing out a cloud of smoke. peter nodded in understanding, he would never do something like that again- in the year that stiles was away peter had missed him more and more. like hell he would ruin it now. after a moment stiles spoke again.