bump in the night.

"KAREN. is it clear?"

"no"

"why?"

"stiles is on your spare bed"

"is he asleep?"

"i don't know"

"what do you mean you don't know?"

"he is awake and asleep"

"sleep walking?"

"i do not know peter."

peter shrugged and entered his room, closing the window quietly before creeping to his bathroom. the light automatically came on and he squinted at the brightness. peter cast a look over his shoulder and almost died of a heart attack.

"dude. what the hell? stop watching me"

stiles didn't move. his chest rose slowly but aside from that no movement was made.

"you're pretty pale dude, want me to get dr banner?"

still no reaction, now peter was getting concerned. he rushed over to stiles' side and shook him. stiles awoke with a start, the colour slowly returning to his cheeks. he blinked a few times, getting the sleep out his eyes before turning with a pissed off expression to peter.

"somebody better be dead, otherwise they will be if you don't have a good explanation"

peter stuck his arms up in surrender.

"you were the one sleeping with your eyes open and... tracking my every movement"

this made stiles sit up. he stayed silent, thinking hard.

i thought you couldn't take possession

i can't move our body but i can keep watch. it is better this way.

we're not exactly gonna stay off the radar if you keep scaring the shit out of people by staring at them while. IM asleep

focus on peter not me. he's looking at us like your crazy

fuck you

stiles sent an apologetic glance at peter.

"sorry man it's a defence mechanism i have."

this seemed to satisfy the teen who just shrugged and flipped onto his bed.

"that was fucking cool"

peter nodded and lay down, falling asleep almost immediately, not even chancing out his clothes.

stiles sighed dramatically. there was no chance he could sleep now, he could never get back to sleep. it's been like that his entire life.

stiles checked on a sleeping patrick beside him, softly stroking his feathers before grabbing his jacket and asking FRIDAY where the nearest balcony was.

once he made it into the cool crisp air stiles let a soft sigh escape his lips.
he fished out his lighter and his untouched pack of cigarettes and ignited the end.

the soft glow matching the city lights around him. he took a long drag, relishing the bitter taste that danced on his tongue.

stiles was so trapped in his own thoughts he never noticed the door open, didn't hear someone step closer to him.

a hand tapped his shoulder. stiles jumped out of his skin and spun round. still brandishing a half finished cigarette.

"smoking? really?"

stiles rolled his eyes.

"i don't need a lecture alright? either come smoke with me or fuck off"
he seethed

tony shrugged, grabbed a cigarette, took his lighter and lit the end. the embers flared up before burning softly.

the smell of smoke filled the air, they stood in comfortable silence, disrupted by the occasional fizz of the tobacco.

"why do you smoke?"

tony asked after a long period.

"why not. something to do. a fall back i guess"

"fall back on what"

"well if i don't die to a crazy mythical creature or due to a massive fight then at least i can die young when my lungs combust."

"huh"

"so what about you?"

"it's an anchor i suppose, incase shit hits the fan, i got this, i can smoke my problems away"

stiles sniffed his cigarette out and threw the butt in a ashtray.

he cracked his neck, took his stuff and gave a short wave to tony, he felt he had done enough bonding for the night.

stiles knew even trying to sleep was pointless and was silently seething at peter for waking him up although in his defence, peter had no idea stiles wasn't good with sleep.

he sent spider-man a message, to see if the vigilante was awake, sadly no response.

stiles switched off his phone and decided to binge watch a TV programme. he flicked through netfilx before settling on the umbrella academy. he sat down on the sofa and began at season 1.

halfway through  the sixth episode loki walked in and sat next to him.

"what is this?"

"umbrella academy"

"is it good?"

"i think so"

they sat in comfortable silence as they watched a small fight scene.

"favourite character"
loki asked.

"ooh, um.. either five or diego. what about you?"

"i like the look of klaus"

stiles nodded in agreement.
no one spoke a word for a few minutes before loki asked a question that threw stiles off completely.

"how long have you been possessed by a nogistusne?"

stiles swallowed.

what the fuck how does he know.

i don't know. he is a god though"

"how long have you known?"

loki sniffed.
"the moment you stepped through that door"

"im not... possessed by it. it's a bit like venom"

"right... so it can't take control"

"nope. but i gained some abilities"

"such as...?"

"super jump, basic particle manipulation, invisibility, like... more speed/ adrenaline. i don't know i can move faster oh and i can put up small forcefields. not to mention just more resilient to getting punched in the face and stuff."

"good to know"

they sat in silence again. after a few hours people began to filter in for coffee and other breakfast items, although mostly coffee.

stiles said his farewells to Loki then headed to the roof, he didn't know how long it would be till Fury found him and placed him in prison.

so stiles wanted to enjoy the little things in life, like air.