escape

it had been quiet for too long. stiles was on edge. he had been hopping from hotel to hotel all around the city. just waiting for someone to pounce on him. they never did. that's what freaked him out.

it wasn't until a week later that he ran into someone again. bucky.

stiles was jumping over the roofs of the city at night, careful to keep his head low as he went. he stopped short on a tall building. void had alerted him of two people in the shadows.

to your left. bucky and bruce

stiles swallowed. he knew they promised him no harm but he had trusted peter and look what happened there.

"stiles"

one of them called. he neared them slowly.

"what?"

"we have a plan. but i need you to hear us out okay?"

bucky said eyes trained on the boy. stiles placed patrick down so he could stretch his legs
stiles nodded in understanding and waited for them to continue.

"we don't want to hurt you, you know that but as we are still taking orders from fury you need to get somewhere safer. wakanda"

stiles blinked.

"what?"

bucky and bruce shared a look

"look. it's anothe planet. we already have a ship ready for you. but we need to be quick. everyone's been sent out to capture you... dead or alive."

stiles swallowed nervously.

"how long for? won't anyone look for me? what will i do there?"

"there's not much time, about a year we will leave you there. don't worry your in good hands and hopefully we can keep fury at bay until then. all you need to do is press auto pilot, it'll take you straight there."

stiles nodded. and gestured for them to lead the way. just as they stepped out from the shadows, ten shield agents surrounded him.

"good work bucky. you too dr. banner"

the closest one said, a smug grin on his face. he had dark shades on and straw yellow hair. stiles shot a look of betrayal at bucky and bruce.

"stiles. listen. i swear we had no idea they would do this"

bucky pleaded.

"where's the ship then?"

"it's in a warehouse on the outside of the city. at the adress xxxxxxxxxx"

stiles squinted at them. trying to tell if either was lying. but he saw no reaction.

"fury wants to see you two. there's a car on the road."

the same agents told them. not taking his eyes off stiles.

"stiles. put your hands behind your head- you have the-"

stiles shushed him quickly

"can i grab my pigeon real quick?"

he sighed. a twinge of annoyance crossed the agents face.

"where is it?"

stiles scowled.

"he's not an it. and he's just over there"

stiles pointed to the corner where patrick was pecking at ants. a malicious smirk crossed his face. the agent aimed his gun and a loud gun shot rang in the darkness. stiles saw it in slow motion- the bullet moving through the air as if it were jelly. he sprinted for patrick and snatched him off the ground.