hello again.

stiles' POV:

i had just walked into the living room- most of the avengers were out at a conference about the most recent threat to humanity- not me- i needed coffee though, i'd spent most of the morning working in the lab and after the second circuit board blew up in my face, i was in dire need of some caffeine. i didn't expect to see a soul as i entered the kitchen, peter had gone out on morning patrol- i doubted he'd find much but then again, it is new york. then i walked round the corner...

scott- how the hell did  he get in? no way they just allowed a group the size of theirs waltz up to the tower? never mind that, i glanced at him and he looked livid- as did almost the entirety of the pack, i spun on my heel, ready to sprint to my room and quadrupole lock it, but found isaac blocking my path. i turned back to scott.

"what do you want scott?"
i growled. anger growing in my guts. despite myself a small pool of sadness settled in my stomach- there was a time when i'd say his name with laughter followed behind, when we could spend hours playing video games or watching our favourite movies, when we would work together to solve mysteries, like the mystery gang or the famous five... i guess the famous two. now what? our friendship had deteriorated to less than acquaintances at best.   scott's voice ripped me from my thoughts.

"we're going home and you're coming too"
he responded moving to grab me. i twisted away from him quickly, his hand clamping on air.

"have you forgotten how things went last time i was in beacon hills?"
cause i hadn't. those scars were a sure fire reminder of that experience. a flicker of anger passes over scott's face.

"we will put that behind us if you're willing to join again. as a beta and with careful supervision just to be safe"

i scoffed.
"no"

his eye twitched in annoyance.
"this really isn't up to you. you're coming home. you're too dangerous here and as your friends it's our duty to keep you subdued"

that word bounced uncomfortable round my head... friends... friends? anger flared inside of me. fury unmatched at his words. i felt void closer to the surface than i had ever felt- a wash of fear creeped up my spine at the realisation, it felt near to when i was actually possesed, that same acknowledgement of inevitability that he would surface. my eyes flicked down to my arms, black veins creeped slowly down to my hands like streaks of tar. i closed them into fists. my fingernails digging into my palms harshly, the feeling somehow grounding me a little.  quenching the buzz of my body.

"stop. talking. and. leave"
i managed, trying desperately hard not to scream obscenities at them.

stiles. let me deal with them. they will never leave you alone.

no. i'll deal with it. fuck off.

i don't want to have to step in. but i also will not hesitate if they put you in danger.

let me handle this. now.

my jaw was tense as i struggled not to blow up at them, teeth tightly clamped to the point of pain. scott stepped forward. he better not come any closer. i took a step back.

"stiles. come with us or we're gonna make you. leave your 'pack' which have had to put up with you."

i felt my arms shake with the effort to keep them down. pretty sure my veins were practically popping with the effort.

"it's not like that.."
i blurt. why am i even talking to them? entertaining their manipulation. scott quirked an eyebrow.

"so you haven't caused them a lot of trouble? you haven't been wanted by SHIELD or the FBI? you haven't injured them?"