oh good- enemies

alright so uh- this is gonna be so out of order with the timeline but it's the first avengers fight that loki does?  yeah.... just imagine peter is a part of that and all. idek

"right. fury wants a meeting with all of us- including you stiles. we need to get over to S.H.I.E.L.D now okay?"

steve ordered to the avengers- currently sprawled around the living room. he got nods of agreement. stiles looked visibly take aback at that but nodded along with them.

"what's it about. did he say?"

natasha asked, twirling a blade in her hands.
steve shook his head.

"no- but it can't be good... he needs all of us"

stiles gulped. what was it?

-

fury stormed him, his face looked conflicted. stiles had his feet up on the table which bruce gently pushed to the floor. stiles shot him a look.

"your body language appears relaxed, fury would get offended"

he muttered making stiles grin. he nodded in understanding and changed to a stiffer posture.

fury eyed him and gave stiles a tilt of his head, probably the closest stiles would ever get to acknowledgement from the man.

"there's a new threat- i trust you all will deal with it."

tony- who did have his feet on the table raised his eyebrow so it peeked over his dark sunglasses. steve placed a hand on his shoulder.

"well. care to enlighten us?"

Fury slammed a large stack of papers down and pulled up a slideshow. he clapped his hands and the lights turned off, tony rolled his eyes, refraiaing from yelling 'pathetic'

he clicked on the first slide and everyone froze. it was the same creatues loki had called, but why were they back?

"has my brother done this?"

thor boomed, stiles slightly jumped in shock, used to thor talking about ice cream and video games which he had a concenring amount of knowledge on. peter stifled a laugh and stiles glared playfully at him.

"no, no he has not, as far as we're aware this is something else, we are dealing with the same creatures and the same warriors except..."

they all leaned forward, waiting impatiently.

"except what? get to the point"

steve half barked.

fury squinted at the reaction but ignored him.

"except, theres supposedly more, many more... the attack is supposed to be on the outskirts of Chicago, we are shipping you off effective immediately"

this made them all object.

"hold on, we have no information about this attack, who is leading it, why and exactly when it will happen. are you expecting us to follow a half blind man... BLINDLY?"

stiles yelled, this was a pisstake

I agree, what the fuck

stiles didn't even have the energy to respond, fury gave him a death stare.

"you- are still a universal threat, you have no legs to stand on mouse"

oh shit, not even that stayed secret, stiles paled but not many of the others looked phased. everyone got up and began to leave, peter pulled stiles up and dragged him out, glaring at fury with unmatched, simmering anger.

"give us time to grab all our shit pirate, be with you tomorrow"

tony drawled following behind.

"make that two hours stark"

tony rolled his eyes.

"so we'll meet back here tomorrow, sounds good"

-

once back at the tower stiles went straight for his laptop,  peter trailed his path, he found stiles sat cross legged on the floor, his laptop in his lap. stiles' eyebrows were closely knit as he typed furiously. peter sprawled onto his bed behind him and watched stiles in curiosity.

after only a few moments he sprung up and exited quickly, laptop in hand. peter followed after him, entertained by his silent antics. the rest of the avengers were in the living room and kitchen when stiles and peter entered, stiles made a beeline for the tv, he shut off the maze runner- much to hawkeyes protest and plugged in his laptop, he made a grand gesture with his arms and they all sat up in their positions. stiles had hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D's database and looked up the information on his own. aside from the fact that stiles had got the information suspiciously quickly the avengers were intruigued.

"what the fuck?!"

tony shouted, dropping his sunglasses for dramatic effect. there were way more than fury had said tens of thousands of them were expected. they were supposedly striking in two days. they wanted to  take over the earth- a bit like before- and they intended to do it with a supposedly 'unknown' abilities. this was much serious than fury had let them believe, not that any alien invasion is simple and straightforward.

"okay... little family meeting- how the fuck-"

"language"

steve interrupted, tony shot him a look of mock shock.

"that's the biggest problem right now? that's the greatest issue at hand? cursing?"

steve shrugged as if to say 'it doesn't help' and tony turned back to the others. all of them had turned dead serious. this threat was alarming and they didn't know how to handle it.

"right... this may seem like a big deal- but don't forget, we have so many more of us now. Loki (not attacking us this time), Peter, sam, wanda, bucky, scott and of course- the newest member- stiles."

he pointed at them individually and the group felt a little better- they had more numbers than before, each with abilities and strength... this would be fine. stiles took a shuddering breath, sure he was trained now but there were still so many outcomes, most of them didn't sound pretty either, his mind was more or less preoccupied with the fact tony considers him an avenger. he felt a spark of happiness flare in his chest.

"now I don't exactly have faith in at least half of you but we have a good shot. if we don't then... the end of the world"

"delightfull"

stiles muttered dryly, peter nudged him with a scolding look then steve stood up, catching everyones attention. 

"I suggest you all get a good nights sleep and we can talk more in the morning. if you need me ill either be in my room or the training rooms. tomorrow will be a training day. so we can all get a good gage of eachothers abilities on a more intimate level, the important thing about a team is working together, we need to be able to take advantage of one anothers powers to work better. goodnight"

and that was it. they filtered back to their rooms, most with dread sitting heavily on their stomachs.