Chapter 1 | Annoying

A bit Mature 'You'
A bit Stupid 'Me'
Makes a perfect 'We'

A bit Mature 'You'A bit Stupid 'Me'Makes a perfect 'We'

🤍

........

Arhaan Alam

With my fingers busy on the keyboard and my eyes set on the screen on my laptop, I hum to whatever Amyra is saying.

I understand nothing since my mind is fully occupied with work but whenever she pauses after a sentence I hum in response just so she feels that I am listening to her.

"It was so funny hearing Ammi praise you in front of those aunties, she looked so desperate you know, that me and Aayat where were cracking in the corner" I tilt my head at that to glare at my sister who is giggling at the memory of ammi clearly embarrassing me by praising me just to impress them and tie me up with one of their daughters.

I am 28 I get it, but why is she so adamant on marrying me off, It's not that I am not interested, it's just that I don't want any responsibility for now.

Marriage is not just about having fun and full of enjoyment, it brings a big load of responsibility which I know I won't be able to handle now.

After Abbu's accident, because of his careless driving broke his arm terribly and everyone had put a curfew on him and he is strictly warned not to go out by his parents and the business that Abbu created has fallen down really bad because of that, and me knowing nothing about business I am still trying my best to bring it to life by of course Abbu's help, but still talking to big, professional dealers is not a piece of cake and that's why since last year even though I am working my ass off we are lacking behind.

My sole interest is in arts and photography but knowing how disappointed Abbu will be, if he gets the news of his company being sold because his son was coward and was not capable enough to take care of something he started from grain will make me doubt my whole existence in this world, so I chose to keep my passion aside and chose what will make this family happy and will give us some penny to spend on Abbu's and grandmother's hospital bills and ammi's medicine and Amyra's unwanted makeup products which I can see she is trying her best to not add to cart like she used to do before.