Chapter 26 | Hiding

After the traumatic incident with the parents song going wrong, I put some Arabic Nasheed to not encounter any embarrassing situation again, and well Nasheeds are always peaceful.

Concentrating on their voice and not the road, I keep my eyes close (cause I am not able to understand what they are saying but obviously praising the One who is to praised).

I start humming knowing the unknown lyrics but ringing of Arhaan's phone interrupts the play.

I open my eyes to see Arhaan glancing at the caller's name and quickly declining it, which automatically makes the audio to start but again it was interrupted by a call.

And this time I look at who is calling but was able to only take the first two letter before he declines it.

Dr?

Why is it a doctor calling Arhaan?

I do not start acting like a curious wife even though I am the most curious one, and I actually am curious that I am waiting for him to utter something.

I control myself from glancing at Arhaan who is drumming his fingers on the steering wheel—which I guess most mens do when they are nervous—I've read somewhere.

When the phone rings again it startles me when he unplugs from the charging wire rather harshly as if he is annoying before pressing in his ear, not before disconnecting it.

"Yes?"

No hello? No hi?

Okay.

"I am driving can I call you later" he was quick to cut the person, who says something which I am not able to hear but since we are in complete silence I hear the other line say a very big sentence.

"Okay" was Arhaan's answer to such big sentence. As if he does not want to talk in my presence.

And Arhaan cuts the call.

My mouth was way to quiet than it usually is and it automatically opens when it shouldn't "What happened?" I whisper almost afraid he would lash on me like my mother and sister do when they are upset and I question them.

"Hm?" Arhaan tilts his head to glance at me as if surprised by my question before sighing.

"He is my friend—" he clears his throat as if not sure what to say. "And was just catching up" giving me a smile he takes my hand in his hold, assuring me with his action more than words cause words says otherwise than his actions where he is gently running his thumb over my knuckles and not leaving my hold.

And my stupid heart which he has stolen and crushed and and printed his name on, flies in the air like a teen at his action—grow up Aayat! Grow up! I scream internally. But that falls into the deaf ears and I blush like a cringe women.

The drive ends soon after he holds my hand which he leaves sooner than to my liking because the tall buildings he owns comes in sight.

Parking the car like a pro he gives me a smile before moving out and I do not wait for any gentlemen behaviour but quickly hop off straightening my abaya and my hijaab in process and I quickly fix my glasses after standing straight.

"I don't think most know we are married" Arhaan speaks as we walk side by side. "Yeah, and let's keep it like that, I don't want them to look at me differently" I mutter the most stupid thing which makes Arhaan stop in his track.

"Sorry?" He raises his eyebrow not liking my statement.

"I—huh" Without any of his effort I become an year old baby who only mutters ba ba ba and when he is staring at me like this how can I not become mute.