Chapter 29 | Relief

"Y-you have cancer?" I stutter over my words but form the sentence which is shaking my soul.

He blinks his eyes and a frown slowly creeps over his face.

"Huh?" He takes a steps back not answering me, and that only further confirms what I saw. Pressing my back against the wall I sob not able to take so much pain this news has.

"Why didn't you say me before?!" I yell not even trying to keep my voice low.

Arhaan quickly moves forward slapping his hand against my mouth to shush me up with wide eyes, maybe shocked at how loud I am being.

But I am not in my right mind. How can I be?

"Shh, calm down" is he even serious? Calm down? How can I even freaking calm down when I just got to know that my husband has a deadly disease which cannot be cured.

Pushing his hand away I glare at his audacity to calm me.

"When were you planning to tell me Arhaan? Where you even planning to tell or you wanted to keep it hidden?" I glare at him, gulping the air trying to catch my breathe so I do not faint before he answers.

Sensing my breathing problem, he cups my face with worry all over his face, but I push his hands away with weak effort since I can feel the energy slowly draining.

"Answer me" I breathe out, rubbing my chest when in starts suffocating.

"Fuck" I hear him mutter, and soon black spots starts appearing on my vision.

Sliding down I sit cause my wobbly legs where about to give up.

But I want an answer, I wish this to be my last panic attack, I wish I just die, cause knowing Arhaan might not be with me is only killing me.

My heart clenches with pain at the mere thought of witnessing what I did when I was little and having same feeling of loosing someone which is not at all a joke, and I know I am crying even in my unconscious state.

"Don't leave me" grabbing his shirt I beg, I cry shaking my head at the thoughts that is filling my head.

"Sweetheart, calm down, it's not what you think" he takes my limp body in his arms, rubbing my back so I breathe.

'It is not what I think?' Is it more than that? I only panic more thinking of worst scenario. Don't they already tell the cancer patients when they will die?

Oh god, my heart clenches at the thoughts but I roughly wipe my stupid tears away.

"Where is you inhaler Aayat?" He demands and I do not answer, I don't want them today.

"Aayat, please, for godsake where is you inhaler?" he scolds me and I can tell he is glaring at me.

Sighing in frustration, he moves to stand up, taking me with him in his arms, he rushes inside.

I am being such a pain in ass when he should be taken care off.

Gently placing me down on the bed he moves and opens each and every drawers for the inhaler and finally he gets in the last one.

Rushing back, he sits and pulls me in to a sitting position, rubbing my back he first tries to calm my heavy breathe "come on breathe, now take this" he taps my lips with the inhaler, but I keep them pressed tightly.

"Aayat, don't act like a kid, and open you fucking mouth, your breathing isn't normal" He voice increases with anger totally not taking my behaviour. And maybe seeing the state I am in he is also panicking, cause he does not normally curses.