Chapter 16 | Engagement

Aayat اَيت

"Aayat I swear if you keep crying like this I am gonna sit in your place and get engaged, and let me tell you, you wouldn't like that" Aiza huffs throwing a shawl on my bed as she rushes from here to their looking very busy.

I wipe my tears away but couldn't help myself from sniffing quietly.

"Go wash your face and come, I'll do some light makeup on—ya allah it already 6! For godsake get up Aayat!" She again yells walking towards me while holding her long dress up so she does not trip and fall.

Pulling me by my arm she takes me towards the washroom, finally pushing me inside she warns me to come out within 5 minutes.

Pressing my wobbling lips together I look at the disaster in the mirror.

My eyes are burning from so much crying and I look nothing less than shit.

I look paler than before all because of this engagement that is happening against my will. The whole week I cried for so many reasons and I am surprised that my water tank is still full.

I cried because Aiza is rude to me.

I cried because Ammi is trying to talk but the way she slapped me for the first time after Abbu died is what is repeating in my mind.

I cried because Aunty did not come and supported for me. And that gave me a lesson- Expectation hurts.

I cried because Arhaan lied that he will talk to his mother.

I cried because I hate Arhaan.

I cried because he gave me a whole week off when he clearly said I should only take friday off.

He is not my price charming anymore.

I cried Because I am getting engaged to someone who I don't even know, who I don't want to know.

Wearing a beautiful dress that Aiza showed in my hand and I am surprised Eventhough my eyes are bloodshot and face puffy from so much crying under the blanket I still I look pretty good this dress.

Talking about Aiza she looks like a Mad women in my eyes, rolling her eyes all the time she comes across me crying, she looks like a real meaning of Villain in my eyes. I don't know what's wrong with her but I am sure it something has to do with Ammi who was yelling at her for some reason and she was not at all sitting quietly she banged the door twice after yelling back.

And now I feel bad that I am ignoring Ammi. I should atleast have smiled at her but me being a total brat did not even look into her eyes.

"Come out Aayat!" She again screams like a witch and I sigh before splashing my face with water.

Washing my face with soap I walk out ignoring the throbbing pain in my head which caused because of crying day and night. My pillow is probably still wet.

"Thank god" she mutters under breathe and pulls me towards the chair in front of the vanity so I sit down. "Here" she hands me the lens which I use rarely.

After fixing my lens she does a light makeup to hide my swollen eyes and puffy fucked up face she did a great work in making my face look bright.

When she takes a dark red shade of lipstick I quickly stop her "Not that one" it comes out in a whisper, That was probably the first word came out of my mouth after a week, Aiza stills for a second as if my voice sounds foreign to her but clears her throat quickly before nodding and picking up a nude shade.