Chapter 33 | Drowning

Arhaan's birthday is doing me good. Like so good. My day literally started with kisses on my cheek instead of one peck on forehead. My cheeks are on heat since I woke up.

And then when I came down, the smell of delicious breakfast had my stomach growling.

Amyra finally realised how effed up the situation is, if she doesn't get her monthly pay. Well I added the two months which I am nowhere near correcting her thoughts. Because she is being the most sweetest and I kind of felt guilty, but well she didn't—when she abandoned me from family planning. So that's okay I guess.

I slurp the chicken noodles which looks and tastes extraordinarily delicious, but had to look up from my spoon when someone bumps my legs with theirs to get my attention.

Oh it's not Arhaan, he would rather call me than doing these things.

Fixing my glasses I raise my eyebrow at Amyra, who motions her chin towards Arhaan and gives me a pleading look.

Poor girl.

I would have tried, and I know Arhaan would give in, but the witch side of me does not want to leave this opportunity so I will first make the deal I planned yesterday and then will convince him.

Mouthing a 'Later' I give her a thumbs up secretly.

"So.." clearing her throat Amyra starts "What's the plan for today?" She smiles at Arhaan who is paying his full attention to his phone which just now pinged with a message.

Pff—She doesn't even know when to start a conversation.

Okay I am being a complete evil now.

"Bhai?" She tries grabbing his attention directly now, who looks up and just stares "I was talking to you" when she explain, he drops the stare, "What is it?" Glancing back at his phone, he looks at her for an answer.

"What is the plan for today? Where are we going? Or where are you both going?" She looks a little big frustrated now but pulls up a smile.

"Why is anyone going anywhere?" He can really be dumb at times, or he just acts like one. I know it's the latter.

"Because it's your birthday!" She sighs, looking totally done by her brother.

"I know this was the date when I was born like 29 years ago, and so?" He raises his eyebrow at the girl who looks at him disbelief, well everyone is looking at him in disbelief now.

While my gaze is calculated, 29, I am 20, wow we have 9 years of age gap and it doesn't even feel like that, probably because I am very matured and intelligent for my age.

"So? So, you should celebrate!" Her voice gets louder clearly annoyed by her brother, dropping his fork and pushing his plate a little he sits back.

"Celebrations are done when you're getting married, when you get a job, when you come first or pass in exam—"

Okay was that for me? I hope it wasn't, but my heart points all of it's fingers in accusation at me.

"When you have a surprise, like if I say she is pregnant—" he motions his chin at me and everyone gasps in surprise, even me.

"She is pregnant?!"

"I am pregnant??" I ask him with wide eyes.

Arhaan facepalms himself which relaxes us—oh no, it only relaxes me, everyone looks disappointed, clearing my throat I assure them "I am not" I nod in assurance. Looking down at my stomach I imagine how it would look with a big heavy one, nah I am too young for that.

"Don't break our hearts like that!" Grandma yells from the other side of the table.

"It was an example, I can't give you an example now can I?" Oh god.