Chapter 28 | Dreadful

Aayat

My stomach literally hurts because of hunger or most probably empty stomach, but still I take big bites like a hunk from the simple food which looks way to delicious at the moment.

When my 7th sense tells me that I am not the only person in this room, I narrow my eyes to find an amused Arhaan looking at me with amusement dancing in his eyes.

To not be named has a glutton, I quickly slow down the speed of blue whale I was being. Dapping the corner of my lips with tissue that is lying on the bed, I try behaving like a decent women. Yes.

But looking up and down while eating made my food pipe upset and I choke on my food at the very wrong time, embarrassing myself more.

"Woah slow down" Arhaan quickly moves forward, grabbing a glass of water and handling it to me and then rubbing my back to make me stable.

"Sorry" I mutter after swallowing the whole glass of water.

After calming down, I take small decent bites, to not embarrass myself more infront of my halal crush again.

The next 5minutes I was silently devouring my food while Arhaan was in his phone—chatting if I might add.

The stalker inside me wanted to crawl and peek discreetly but I play the 'trust him' card here, to not look like a creep.

After cleaning my plate I stand up carefully, since I thought it is good idea to sit in the middle of the bed and eat.

Carefully walking through the mattress I hop off, making sure my leg is not tangled with the sheets or else the injury would be no joke.

Contemplating whether I should go keep it downstairs or on the corner of the room, I choose the latter which sounds more pleasing.

After washing my hands and my mouth like a good girl, I walk out not before glancing at my attire, my night suit, I should've choosen a good one to wear, but my poverty stricken mind always chooses the dead almost in it's grave, ready to be thrown on kitchen floor type of cloth—since it apparently is more soft and more comfortable than the new one.

I guess I am not the only one.

And only god knows how much I was insulted, yelled, abused and my dignity was questioned by my mother, for what? For just innocently wearing soft clothes. But did all those insults changed me? Nope it did not.

I hope I am not the only one.

Like my mother says, I sometimes do have a bull skin.

Counting my steps I reach the bed, controlling the urge to flop with a thud I sit like a decent women.

Arhaan glance at me for a brief second before going back to his phone, picking at the thread of my nightshirt I think on how to face my family.

On one side I have to face pity look of my overly intelligent in-laws, who wouldn't even have heard the word Fail in their entire life. On the otherside I have to face the judging and almost disgusted looks of Aiza and glares of Ammi for failing.

I flinch jumping a little when Arhaan's rough hand grabs mine "come here" he doesn't wait for my answer and tugs me, so I had to crawl towards his side.