hobbies

have you ever just looked at something and thought "wow, that's the most beautiful view i have ever seen" cause i have. i've always liked looking at the sky, something about it is just so, mesmerizing. when i see a sunset or sunrise, i always take the opportunity to take a picture of it. or even when the sky is particularly beautiful.

you see, i have different hobbies and photography is one of them. i take my camera almost every where and when i don't have it with me, i take pictures on my phone.

another one of my hobbies is painting. i paint all kinds of stuff. self-portraits, sunsets, the sky, nature, etcetera. i often take inspiration from the books i read. yes, i'm also a bookworm.

you may ask why i'm telling you this? well, if not for my hobbies, i wouldn't have met the person i love.

[ flashback ]

i walk down the streets with multiple eco bags in my hands. i had to go to an emergency grocery trip. im also running low on paint so i decided to stop by the local arts and crafts store. i also stumbled upon the new bookstore and decided to buy a book, i was going to get one anyways.

i open the gate to my house and set down my bags so i can unlock my door. pushing it open, i pick up the bags and enter my home. i took off my shoes and set down the groceries in the kitchen and the art supplies and book in the living room.

i looked towards the glass sliding door of my living room leading to the backyard. i decide to open it, letting the fresh air in my home. i step out and sit on the porch (a/n:dont come at me i don't know what to call a backyard porch). i let out a deep breath and enjoy the peace before hearing a loud "KARMA" from next door. my eyes shoot open and i turn my head to my left to look at where the source of the sound came from. my neighbor, karma, was a. . . sadistic guy if i do say so myself.

he is very charming though, no doubt he was the school heartthrob back when he was in high school. i stood up and walked over to the fence, seeing nagisa, one of karma's friends, looking like a tomato while trying to smack karma. the latter looked like he was dying of laughter. i couldn't even blame the man, not when nagisa was in a summer dres with 2 inch heels.

i stifled my laugh, trying to remain as calm as possible. i've known these two ever since karma was new to the neighborhood. i knew of their shenanigans and maybe i took part in some of them.

"whew, nagisa you look hot today" i called out and wiggled my eyebrows. both boys turned to look at me and nagisa's face was turning even more red and karma doubled over in laughter. i let my own laughs come through, wheezing a little.

"y/n, not you too!" nagisa embarrassingly said. "well, not gonna lie nagisa, you do look hot" i said after my laughter died down. "yeah nagisa~ i bet a lot of boys would die to take you on a date" karma stressed the word 'die'.

us three continued to bicker until i forgot the items i needed to put away.

~~

i am not experiencing the dreaded art block. god damit! i just wanted to draw after a stressful day at work and art block just had to appear. i groaned, slumping on my sofa. i looked towards the sliding door, now covered in layers of black-out curtains. i suddenly remember what happened three days ago. nagisa looking hot and pretty, karma laughing his ass off, me staring at karma's mesmerizing eyes - wait. me staring at karma's eyes?!