exams (with a hint of romance)

10:30

you groan and slam the book shut. "finally! done with reviewing." you stretch out your body and tidy up your desk. "ahh that took a while. research is really taking a ton out of me." you yawn and turned off your desk lamp, leaving you in the comforting darkness of your room. you look out the window above your desk, "the moon sure is bright tonight."

you walk to your bed with your phone in hand ang get comfy, hoping to get enough sleep and a good night's rest for tomorrow. before you can close your eyes though, your phone lights up. "wonder who's texting me near midnight..." reaching for your phone and turning it on, slightly squinting from the brightness of it. "dammit! why is my phone's brightness so high?!"

"time to check the jerk who interrupted my way to sleep." you sighed.

------------------

10:36

karma
hey u asleep

yeah why

------------------

this bish really texted me to ask if im asleep, how about i ask him if he's awake while on the train tomorrow.

----------------

10:36

karma
hey u asleep

yeah why

----------------

and this bish has the fckin AUDACITY to send a thumbs up emoji...

"i still sometimes wonder how and why i became friends with him when i was younger..." you whisper to yourself as you finally turn off your phone and go to sleep.

~~

well, to make things clear, you and karma go to different high schools. coincidentally, you both ride the same train while going there. so unfortunately (or unfortunately depending on the situation) you have to either put up with his sadistic attitude first thing in the morning or also be sadistic and it's a game on whoever caves first. now back to the story...

~~

beep... beep... beep... waKE UP YOU USELESS SON OF A BIT-

"i really need to change my alarm..." you sit up and stretch out your body. looking out one of the windows of your room you notice it's still a little dark out. "eh, the earlier i get prepared the better. i can also knock repeatedly on karma's door too."

yes. you and karma are neighbors. that means you can knock on his fron door ridiculously early or late anytime. what an advantage.

you do your usual morning routine, take a shower, dress, eat breakfast, brush your teeth and head out the door. "gotta make sure my keys are here and the backup keys are hidden... yep they are. time to go," you smile and step away from your house, "annoy karma!"

you walk the short distance from your house to his, humming a small tune. you stop at the front of the beautiful house. you admire it for a second before opening the gate. you didn't have to worry it being locked since you have 'extra keys just in case he manages to lock himself out of the house' as his mother like to call it.

you giggled to yourself, this boy is smart but he is stupid from time to time.

you approach the front door, raise your hand and literally hit the door over and over. at this point its not even knocking anymore.