Chapter 10

Zari's POV

The ride back to the hotel was crazy. Emily insisted that she had to sit in the front so she could play music so we let her. The whole ride back we just listened to Emily's music, which was a vibe.

We were pulling into the hotel when Ash spoke up "Do you guys wanna go in or should we go get Zari a phone together?" She asked, "Shopping trip!" Em said excitedly "We have to get Z a phone so we can have our own group chat" Mal said. "Now you!?" I exclaimed "What?" Mal asked "First Em started calling me Z now you" I responded "Hey it's a good nickname" Em said from the passenger's seat "I think fishy is better" Ash said "Anyway I need to call Christen or do I call Toby?" "Call Tobin" I told her "Okay I'm gonna put her on speaker, no funny business" She said, putting her phone on the dashboard after dialling Tobins number.

"Hey Ash what's up?" Tobin asked when she answered. "Hey Toby, I just wanted to let you know that me and the girls are going to get Zari a phone" Ash said "Oh okay. Me and Chris, maybe Alex could meet you at Zari's old house and get her belongings after" Tobin replied "Yeah that could work" Ash said "Okay I'll see you later then. Bye" Tobin said "Bye" Ash replied.

"Okay let's go" Ash said, spinning the Jeep around and pulling back onto the road. After a few minutes of chatter we finally arrived at the mall. We all jumped out of the Jeep and made our way to the Apple store that was inside. We were nearly at the store when I remembered how expensive Apple phones are. I tugged on Ashlyn's sleeve to get her attention and she looked at me. "You don't have to get me a phone. I know how expensive they are" I said to her, keeping up with her strong stride.

"Kid you don't have to worry about the expense" She said smiling down at me "But-" I went to say, but Sonnett interrupted "So Z what kinda phone do you want?" She asked, slinging her arm over my shoulders "Uh I don't really know, I've never really looked into getting one before" I replied "I think an iPhone 8 would be good for you. Right Ash?" Mal said "Yeah we can get that" Ash replied.

Our little group walked into the store that was pretty much empty. Ash walked up to the checkout place and started to talk to the person behind the desk. Sonnett dragged me off to look at all the electronics that were displayed, so I didn't hear what she said. I soon got distracted by Sonnett and Mal messing around. Ash came up to us with a bag in hand "Hey guys it's time to go" She said "We need to get to Zari's house and then get back to the hotel for dinner and curfew."

"Let's go! I want food and sleep before our match tomorrow" Sonnett said "Same" Me and Mal said at the same time "Oh my god I forgot that you have a match with school tomorrow" Sonnett said "That's another reason why we need to go now" Ash said, urging us to move. We all walked out of the store and made our way back to the car, messing around all the way.

Christen's POV

We all jumped out of the van and started to make our way to the reception. We made our way into the reception and me and Tobin walked up to the desk. Zari joined us standing at my side and I put my arm around her

"Hi we're here to sign in again and I was wondering if we could have a meeting with the principal" I asked the woman who runs the front desk. "Hi, yes I'll let Miss Evans know that you're here and just sign here please" She said, sliding the clipboard over to me and then picking up the phone.

I signed everyone in then pulled Zari in for a proper hug. Today was gonna be different I could tell. "Are you gonna be okay today?" I asked "Honestly I don't know" She said back to me. I made her look at me, "Alex and Ash are gonna be with you for the first period and me and Tobin can be at your second period waiting, then you can decide who you want" I explained to her.