Chapter 16

Ash

"How do you not know, she's your kid Tobin" I stressed "I know we just don't want to push her right now. She wasn't even awake when we came down for breakfast this morning and when we went back to our room, she was sitting with Alex and she looked like she had been crying" Tobin said, then ran her hands over her face. "We'll find a way of talking to Alex, you and Chris talk to your kid tonight. Right now we should make sure she has the room she wants" Ali said and Tobin nodded.

There was then a knock at the door and I got up to answer it. I opened the door and there stood Alex. "Sorry I got caught in traffic" She said, I smiled then stood aside to let her in. Just as she was walking through the threshold I saw Zari running down the stairs. She crashed into Alex and wrapped her arms around her, "Woah hey sweetheart" Alex said, wrapping her arms around the kid. "Now that we are all here, shall we get started" Tobin said, "Why don't Alex and Zari look online for some inspiration, the rest of us can find some sheets to put over the furniture so we don't get paint on anything" Christen said from the top of the stairs.

Zari was still holding on to Alex and still didn't let go when Alex started walking to the couch. Alex had to literally peel her arms from her waist, she sat Zari down then sat next to her. I smiled slightly when Zari curled into her and Alex hugged her. I grabbed my laptop from the office and placed it on Alex's lap. I was just walking away when Alex called a thanks to me. I walked up stairs and into the bedroom we are gonna transform today, "Hey" I said as I walked in. Tobin and Christen were laying against the backboard of the bed and Ali was leaning against the bottom end. I went and sat next to Ali, holding her hand on my lap once I had gotten comfortable. "Alex and Zari are very close today" I commented "That's just Zari for you" Tobin replied "You never know what mood she's going to be in when she wakes up and who she is going to be closest to on that day. Tomorrow it could be you Ash" Christen finished.

"Right. So are we gonna cover these things with sheets" I said, hitting the bed with my hand "No babe Christen just wanted to give Alex and Zari some time together. The sheet thing was just an excuse so Zari wouldn't notice" Ali explained to me. "Oh" I said in realization, we then heard footsteps coming up the stairs so we stood up. "Hey guys I think we are ready to go to the stores" Alex said, "Okay, Zari do you want any of the furniture in here?" Ali asked. The kid looked around then shook her head, "Okay Ash, Tobin do you want to take Zari to the stores whilst us three dismantle everything" Christen instructed. We all silently agreed that it was a good plan. Me and Tobin both kissed our girlfriends goodbye.

"Okay kid lets go" Tobin said, putting a hand on Zari's shoulder. I was following close behind, "Bye Zari" Chris called after us. The three of us went down the stairs and out onto the drive. I unlocked my Jeep and we walked over to it and got in. I was driving, Tobin was riding shotgun and Zari was sitting in the back. "Ready Kiddo?" I asked, looking back at her, she nodded with a small smile. I turned back around and started the engine, then pulled out of the drive. When we pulled up to the mall, it was busy. "Alright let's go to the furniture store first to get that sorted then we can look at smaller decorations" I said, but Zari was looking out of the window at the crowds to see me waiting for her reply.

Christen

I woke up to Tobin by kissing her cheek and whispering to her "Come on babe you need to wake up or you're gonna miss breakfast" I said to her. She groaned and sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. I walked back into the bathroom and started applying some makeup. I saw Tobin approach me from behind, through the mirror so when she wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her chin on my shoulder I wasn't startled.

I smiled at her through the mirror and finished off the last of my makeup, before turning around and putting my arms around her neck. She leaned in and kissed me and I kissed back before smiling into the kiss. "Okay get ready" I said, Tobin let go of me and started to get undressed to get into the shower. I left the bathroom for a minute then came back, closing the door behind me.