Chapter 17

Tobin

Kelly: Hey, does everyone want to meet up for lunch?

Ash: We and Ali could make some food for everyone

Carli: We wouldn't want to intrude Ash, we know you have Zari with you

Tobin: I think Zari would be fine with it but we can ask her

Carli: If Zari is okay with it then put a time on the chat

Ali: Who would like to come, just so we know who to cook for

Pinoe: I'm down

Kelly: Obviously I'll come

Lindsy: Me and Emily are free to come

Rose: Me, Sam and Abby will come

Sam: Yeah it will be nice

Allie: I'm with Dunny and Jess, we'll come

Carli: Becky and Alyssa can come

Mal: Me, Moe and T will come. I want to see Zari

Sonnett: So do I, I miss her

Ali: Okay we'll cook enough for everyone

Carli: We'll all bring something to help out

Ali: Thank you Carli

Carli: No worries

"Okay me and Ash will go to the store and pick up some food, I was thinking about having  a BBQ" Ali said, after putting her phone back into her pocket after the long texting conversation. "Okay, let's go getso burgers!" Ash said excitedly, "We'll set up the back yard" Alex said. "Thank you guys, we'll be back in a bit" Ali said, as she and Ash walked out of the front door.

"I'm going to my room" Zari said then walked off, "Well I guess it's just us three then" I said. "Yeah let's just go and clean up the back yard then heat up the BBQ" Christen said "Let's do it" I said, walking over to the backdoor and opening it wide.The backyard was already in perfect order as to be expected with Ash and Ali, so we just got the BBQ started.

I walked into the little outdoor shed where Ash kept the coal. I picked up a bag and carried it back to Chris and Alex who were cleaning the grill. " So Lex, what's up with our kid?" I asked Alex, slightly out of breath from carrying the heavy bag of coal. "What do you mean?" Lex replied, putting down her brush, "She's been talking to you but not us. We know something is wrong but don't know what" Christen said.

"It's not my place to say. I wish I could but it's up to her not me" Lex replied looking down at her hands. "Alex please tell me you would tell us if it was something bad right?" Christen asked, stopping her job and looking Alex right in the eyes. "I made a promise to Zari that I wouldn't tell you guys unless it got worse" Alex said "Please just respect that" "We will. But should we keep a closer eye on her?" Chris asked.

"No she'll be fine, I can watch her when I'm around" Alex said, "That's why we are glad you are close with her" I said, stepping back into the conversation. "Uh hey is there any food I could have?" Said Zari, from the back door. "Hey kiddo, let me find you something" I said walking towards her and slinging my arm around her shoulders.

I walked with her into the kitchen and then let her go. "Okay, what do we have?" I said, opening the fridge, "Would you like a sandwich?" I asked her "Uh yeah" She said quietly. "Okay, is cheese and salad good?" I asked her, looking over my shoulder to see her nod. I pulled out the block of cheese and the bag of salad. I placed the stuff on the counter and went to get the bread.

"Are you gonna show Sonnet and Mal your room, when they come?" I asked her, "Yeah. Do you think they will like it?" She asked, and I could tell she was anxious as when I looked at her she was pulling at the sleeves of her hoodie. "I think they will think it's very you. And from what I can tell, they really like you" I said, trying to ease her anxiety.