Chapter 24

Zari

God I feel sick. I managed to swallow down my last mouthful. "Do you want anymore?" Tobin asked from across the table. I shook my head. I gagged a little then pushed my chair back and ran to the bathroom.

I burst into the bathroom and crashed into one of the stalls, seconds before I emptied my stomach contents into the toilet. I soon felt someone rubbing my back soothingly. I sat back heavily against the stall wall. Tears rolled down my cheeks but I didn't have the energy to wipe them away.

"It's okay sweetheart, I've got you" Mama said as she knelt in front of me. Her hand was now on my knee, rubbing her thumb back and forth. "What happened?" She asked, I just shook my head, unable to answer. There was still a burning sensation in my throat and when I swallowed it made me feel sick again.

"Why don't we get you back to the table and get you a glass of water or maybe some juice" Mama said, before helping me up. I stumbled a little but she still held me up. "I've got you, don't worry" she whispered to me comfortingly. She held my hand in one hand and rested the other on my back as she guided my back to the table. Mum stood up as we approached and rushed over to me.

"God Speedy are you okay?" mum asked and I shook my head then collapsed into her in exhaustion. She held onto me tightly and helped me sit down in my seat. She waved over a waitress, that was standing close by. "Hi can we get some juice please" Mum asked "yes of course what flavour would you like?" the waiter asked. "A glass of apple please with ice and a straw if possible" mum replied. The waiter nodded with a smile and walked away.

The whole team were looking at me in concern then my eyes locked onto the eyes of the new addition. I think her name was McCall. Last time I checked that was more of a last name than a first name. Anyway she was staring at me with a disgusted face. "Hey you got a problem?" Mum asked when she saw who I was staring at. "Yeah, why the hell can't the kid keep her food down. It's not like she ate that much anyway" McCall replied, looking me up and down with disgust.

"First of all, shut the hell up man and second why on earth is it any of your business" Ash said, standing up out of her chair, Ali grabbed onto her arm and tried to pull her down but she wouldn't budge. "There's no need to be rude" McCall shot back, "oh but there is, as you are being such a bitch to my niece right now and I will not stand for it" Ash replied. "Your niece?" McCall questioned "Then why is she here? Shouldn't she be with her family?" "We are her family" Mama butted in.

"Here's your juice" A waiter said, pacing down a glass on the table then walking away. "Here Speedy, take small sips. it should make you feel a little better and wash down the taste." Mum said. I picked up the glass with shaking hands and brought the straw to my lips. I took small sips just as mum had instructed. "There you go" Mum said with a smile, I smiled weekly back at her.

"I'm going to go pay for the bill and then we should be heading back. We have a big day tomorrow." Carli said, getting up. "So wait, let me get this straight. She's your niece but you guys are her family. Who the hell is she related to then?" McCall questioned. "It's none of your business" Sonnett shot at her. "I think it is. I'm part of this team. I deserve to know" McCall replied. "You aren't part of this team, you are just standing in for Kelley. You don't deserve shit, especially with the way you're talking about me. You ain't got no business so shut your mouth" I shouted at her, standing up out of my chair.

The whole restaurant fell silent. "You don't know me. You don't know what these people have done for me. You don't know shit so stop making rude, disgusting comments about me. You wanna fucking know why I threw up? You really wanna know? I have a fucking eating disorder. Happy? Are you happy now you know my secret?" I shouted, no longer caring who heard, a couple tears fell from my eyes and I brushed them away. My anger bubbled away and I walked out of the restaurant.