xiv. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

"The most stunning mornings to all of you at Hawkins high

"The most stunning mornings to all of you at Hawkins high. This is Cassandra Park with your morning announcement, in hopes of making your day less dreadfully, soul crushingly boring." Cassie leaned on the counter as she spoke over the speakers. "It's my greatest honor to inform all of you that your feet should be traveling to the gym at this early morning glow hour, preparing your souls for the assembly that the basketball team will be hosting. A large, over whelming applause for our boys after taking the title of winners this past weekend. Especially the bench warmers, couldn't have managed without you."

The principle tapped her watch to show Cassie time was almost up. "Um, garlic bread at lunch today! My favorite subject to keep those head spinning, fall on your face in fear, vampires away. Go Tigers and don't do drugs!"

"Thank you, ma'am!" the principle called out, handing Cassie the stack of newspapers. "Loved your article this week."

"Thank you." her face lit up. "I'll be sure to throw together another lovable, face flushing paper for the tournament."

As Cassie walked out of the office, she waited till she was completely out of view, taking off in a sprint to get to the gym. Her hair flew behind her, pushing the door open before crashing through it. A newspaper or two flew behind her head as she crashed into the gym, barely late as the basketball team began to run from the torn paper. Her face lit up at the sight of Lucas, his smile making her happy. His eyes caught hers, waving in her direction. Cassie did in return.

"Hi, Hawkins High News Paper to uplift your day, soul, and mind." Cassie smiled, handing out the news paper as she walked down the line of bleachers. "Hi, Hawkins High News Paper to uplift your day, soul, and mind."

"Good morning, Hawkins high!" Jason called as Cassie made it toward her group of friends.

"Hey, Cas." Mike said, getting ignored and a dramatic head turn.

"First off...hey. First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand!" Jason smiled as he clapped his hands together.

The crowd mimicked his actions, the the band giving the crowd a beat. Mike nudged Cassie. "How many times do I have to say i'm sorry?"

"Until your tongue detaches itself from your mouth, hitting the floor ever so harshly, and I step on it as the shades of scarlet and ruby smack you in the face." she threatened with a side glare, Dustin giggled as Mike wacked his arm.

"Of course I have to give a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad!" Jason tossed his hands up, pointing toward the pretty girls. Cassie clapped for them, because they were all surprisingly very sweet to her when she'd attend all Lucas' games. "Chrissy...Chrissy, I love you, baby."

"How sweet." Cassie smiled. "I love high school romance that swells my heart and pulls my soul from my body, rolling it in flowers and red wine, then giving it back to me."