xivi. 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥

"That does burn like a mother!" Cassie yelled when a few seniors got her and Lucas their first drinks while he coughed

"That does burn like a mother!" Cassie yelled when a few seniors got her and Lucas their first drinks while he coughed. "I'm obsessively in love with it!"

"She loved it!" Jason announced. "Get her another! Sinclair, you good?"

"Good." he coughed, holding a thumbs up. "Let's do another."

"Come close." Cassie waved him in, locking their arms. "I got the knowledge in my brain from a movie."

Lucas followed her lead, the two pouring the absolutely terrible shots into each other's mouths, spilling a lot of it in the process. Lucas fell into Cassie as he coughed again, she patted his back. "There there. Cough up the demon that shriveled down into tiny, barley seen to the naked eye, particles and evaporated into a liquid."

"In gonna say that from now on." Patrick nodded his head, giving them two solo cups. "Stick with the ease stuff the rest of the way. Jason, you asshole."

"Just taking care of the freshman." he held his hands up in surrender.

"Wanna dance to this brain spinning, heart vibrating music?" Cassie took Lucas' hand and dragged him to the rest of the dancing teens. "Thank you for verbally giving me an invitation to our first party. I'm having the absolute, purely amazingly, time of my life!"

"I didn't want to party without you!" he called over the music, the two bouncing to the beat with their hands locked. "Cass!"

"Yeah!" She yelled back, spinning under his arm as she took his and made him spin next.

"You're my best friend!" he yelled. "And I love you!"

"I love you too!" she yelled back with a bright grin. "Let's go to a party after every game!"

"Okay!" he called back, shimming his shoulders in her direction as she matched it, going back and forth.

Cassie held her head when she opened her eyes, sighing. She remembered she fell asleep on the couch with Lucas, but he wasn't here now. A few solo cups fell off her when she sat up, feeling tired on top of literally being tired. "Hello?"

"Cassie." Jason walked from the kitchen. "Headache?"

"Is Lucas still here?" she shut her eyes.

"Bathroom." he nodded, handing her a bottle of water. "Drink that. It'll help."

"My head feels like it was painfully slaps on a sidewalk, placed back in my head, and replayed a tragical love story over and over." Cassie admitted as she fell back against the couch again. "Will you tell Lucas to accompany me when he gets the second in his morning?"

"Will do." he cracked a grin at her, heading back down the hall. She heard the tv from the living room, a few voices ringing with it. Cassie took her chances in staying still for the time being, drinking the water Jason gave her.