xv. 𝐌𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"Cassie!" Lucas called as he walked outside when he wasn't able to find her, seeing her standing with Jason near the car

"Well, well, look who decided to join us." the curly haired boy smiled to him.

"What are you guys doing?" Lucas walked closer, taking a double take toward Cassie to try and read the look in her eye.

"We're gearing up." Patrick said in return as he tossed the bag in the car.

"Preparing for the hunt." Jason nodded. "Cassie was just telling us a few possible spots she would bet Eddie was at."

Lucas realized she was just working her genius magic to throw them off.

"Hay, man. Relax." Jason walked closer as Lucas eyed all the weapons they were loading. "We're not killers like Eddie. We just wanna talk to him. Get him to admit his crime."

"Yeah, a little friendly neighborhood chat." the boy with the hat said, pulling Cassie into his side as she winced and tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

"Hey." Jason faced Lucas again. "You didn't know Chris. If you're not up to this, you can go home. There's no judgement. You'll still be one of us, all right?"

"What about her?" Lucas nodded back to Cassie, who looked terribly uncomfortable but stuck under one of his teammates arms.

"Cas?" Jason looked back at her. "Well, we need her navigation."

"That's why I explain every little detail on how to get to the location." Cassie spoke up, not realizing what she got herself into.

"Yeah, but we'll be quicker with your eyes." Jason gave her his best smile.

"No." Lucas spoke up. "I'm good. I'll go. I wanna help."

"All right." Jason smiled. "Let's capture us a freak."

The boy removed his arm from Cassie and playfully pushed her. Lucas caught her. "Are you okay?"

"Shouldn't we be trying to break this bone chilling news to Dustin or the police?" Cassie whispered as she looked up at him. "I can handle your friends."

"I'm not leaving you alone with them." Lucas said in return, taking her hand. "We'll lead them away then make a run for it. Together."

Cassie nodded, tightening her hand in his.

"So, just take a right up here." Cassie spoke as she leaned forward some. "You'll pass the radiate red sign that might remind you of the heart of a lost solider at war, determined to find his destiny back with his bride."

Lucas cleared his throat, pulling Cassie back in the seat some. Jason went to take the turn before stopping. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

Cassies heart dropped she saw Gareth out of her window. They usually didn't practice on Saturdays because he worked the weekend shift. "Jason, you really should take the r-"