Chapter 1

a/n: @definitely_not_loki not done yet but here we go again!

Percy was mad. 

He had just witnessed Jason Grace die in front of him. That bitch of a hellhound. Percy didn't even know if he would be able to look Ms. O'Leary in the eye again after what he had just seen what their species were capable of. Jason collapsed, his armor was tattered and quickly turning a blood red. Percy had seen it all. He drove Riptide through the violent creature, and it was reduced to nothing but dust. Percy ran over and picked up the limp, lifeless form of his half-cousin and begged him to wake up. He strapped off Jason's torn armor to reveal blood all over the hero's purple Camp Jupiter tee. Percy began to cry as Jason's blood spilled onto his legs. "Please, please wake up. Please, I need you. Please, don't go. Don't leave me. Please." Percy shook Jasons form, but his heart had already stopped beating, and Jason had already taken his final breath. His mouth was covered in blood, and a piece of glass from his broken eyewear was stuck just below his beautiful blue eyes. Percys tears became fiercer. He wanted so bad to be strong for all of the demigods that were fighting, for all of those who had already perished due to Gaea's army. But he couldn't. Jason Grace, the storm of the prophecy, the lightning of the Argo II, was dead. He had such a long life ahead of him, and it had all been snapped away, just like that. From a hellhound of all things as well. 

After a solid two minutes of mourning, Percy decided that he couldn't waste any more time. Honestly, it was a miracle that someone, or something, hadn't already stabbed a sword through his back. He picked himself up, hands shaking, and clutched his favorite pen/sword, Riptide, tight enough for his knuckles to turn a ghostly white. He would not let Jason die for nothing. 

Then, he heard Piper McLean scream loud enough that Percy thought the sky would shatter into two.

He sprinted, leaving behind Jasons dead body. Percy killed anything that dared to stand in his way, and soon became something of a machine. Although he was running as fast as his tired, worn-out legs would allow him to, he had a feeling that he would already be too late when he arrived. Turns out, he was right. When he got to Piper, he saw a nearly colorless demigod with a spear running through her abdomen. Her breaths were quick and barely noticeable, Percy rushed over and knelt down. He dropped his sword and heard it clatter to the ground. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion, except for her death. It was going by way to fast. "Hey, hey Piper." Percy whispered softly as he propped her head up on his shaking knee. When he lifted up his hand, it was covered in blood. Although Percy denied it in his mind, he already knew in his heart, and in his gut, that he was going to lose another friend. Another member of the seven. 

"P-Percy..." Piper managed, blood coming out of her mouth. Percy blinked back tears and forced a smile for the daughter of Aphrodite. Even dying, she managed to look gorgeous. Her hair was just messy enough to make it look intentional, and she rocked the look. Not the dying look, that was something that Percy was not fond of. He was actually pretty against it. 

"Yeah Pipes, yeah it's me. I need you to hold on tight, you have to survive this. Please, for me." His eyes began to flood, and his vision became blurry as he refused to let the tears spill over. He didn't want that to be Pipers last sight. 

"I need you to promise me, just do me this one favor." Piper was audibly losing her strength to stay alive. "A-At my funeral..." Piper's mouth curled into a smile as Percys faded away. "Don't cry." And then, her head turned away from him and her eyes went blank. Percy blinked once, and held his eyes closed for a minute as a single tear spilled down his cheek and the salty water entered an open cut. One tear turned into two, two into three, and the next thing that Percy knew he was sobbing over Pipers dead body. He didn't even know if he was going to be able to honor her final wish. Two of his friends, his family, were gone. He had just stood there and watched them die.