Chapter 7

Percy and Nico both trotted down 9 flights of stairs, talking the whole way down. "And they're alive!" Tony called, the rest of the team already sitting. Percy's leg shook as he sat down, still injured from the initial war. "You know there's an elevator- right? An elevator that has literal seats in it?"

Percy nodded his head. "I'm aware." Nico looked down, tying to be as distant from the conversation as possible. 

Tony blew on his food and put a forkful of chicken in his mouth. "Just making sure you're not blind. I mean-" he swallowed, "why would you walk down 8? 9? However, many flights of stairs when there's a perfectly good elevator right next to them?"

"Because I don't like elevators."

"What're you, scared of them?"

"Terrified."

Silence fell over the room. Guess Tony had expected him to retaliate. Percy scanned the table, looking for one person in particular. "Where's Loki?'

"Out." Thor said abruptly before Tony could answer. "He's with Odin on Asgard. he's going to be there for a while."

"Oh- ok." Percy picked at his food, noticing the deadly stares that Thor and Tony were giving each other. 

Nico didn't even put any food on his plate, and Percy only played with it, playing Jenga with chicken. "Guys, eat. Please" Bruce motioned with his fork to both of the plates.

"Not hungry." The two demigods said in sync. 

After a beat, Nico picked up his dish and brought it to the sink to wash and put away. After he was done washing off the dust specks he patted Percy's shoulder. "I'm gonna get going, eat something and.. call... me any minor updates , okay? Seriously, if you get a paper cut I wanna know, got it?" Nico handed him a handful of coins as Percy nodded his head. 

"Be safe, make sure the driver or drivers don't crash."

Nico laughed. "I'll do my best. I'll be seeing ya." He turned to the Avengers. "Thanks, you guys have been great hosts, I hope to see you again." Nico fixed his collar and started walking down the stairs. 

"Does he know that's like 40 flights of stairs?" Tony said to the table once the footsteps were distant enough. 

"He'll be okay." Percy said, his chicken jenga falling on his plate. "Ah, gods."

~le time skip~

Percy dove into the pool; water always helped him clear his head.

(a/n: if you read uncharted waters, you already know where this is headed)

He sat there, on the bottom of the chlorine water, just thinking about what happened. Just thinking about what Nico really wanted to tell him. Percy beat himself up, he was such a bad friend.

And before he knew it, he had fallen asleep.