Chapter 10

"NO THEY'RE HAVING A BONDING MOMENT- NAT." Tony heard Clint yell.

Peter cleared his throat. "Hey guys!" He looked quickly at Natasha who winked at him with a slight smirk before clearing her throat.

"Sorry to intrude. Someone," her eyes darted toward Bruce before looking back at Tony, "was getting worried about the new guy. Hope we didn't barge in."

"No! I mean uh, of course not. Right, Mr. Stark?" Peter coughed he started playing with his hands. Tapping his thumb to each of his fingers.

Tony had come to realize that was something Peter did when he was nervous, so he quickly took over for Peter. "Yep. Hey, let's go check on Percy, huh?"

Everyone followed over in a chorus of "Yeah," "Let's go," "Mhm," "He's alive?"

They all walked over to Percy, Peter following behind last. Nat gave Peter a pat on the back before catching up with the rest of the group, and he just gave her a little side smile.

"He's just a little beat up, that glass piece in his head might be a problem but nothing a few stitches won't fix." Bruce diagnosed, "What I'm more concerned about are the former cuts, while mostly healed a few do appear infected. Not only that, look at these." He backed away for a minute so the others could see, and there was many deep scars on Percy's arm, abdomen, legs, etc. "I wonder how he got these..."

"Well, uh, he always got into a lot of fights at school," Peter spoke up. Everyone looked at him and his cheeks flushed red. "Yeah, I knew him. We used to be close and go to the same school and uh, stuff like that." He cleared his throat once again.

"Well then." Bruce said, before everyone besides Peter looked to Tony, who shrugged. "Let's get him up and take him to the med bay. Steve, a little help please."

Without question, Steve helped Bruce pick up Percy and they began to walk away. Tony followed after, patting Peter's back on the way out and whispering, "Tell me later."

Peter pursed his lips together and budded his head, signifying that Tony could now walk away. He didn't intend on following until he heard Bruce yell "HOLY SHIT!" from a few floors, and he thought he should join the party.  

a/n: sorry for the short chapter mortals but hey, two updates in one day?? what is happening?