Chapter 15

-time machine let's go back in time whoooooosh-

Did Peter really just run away from the only home he had ever known?

The thing was happening again, the thing that Mr. Stark had called a panic attack. He decided to check his phone to distract him, instead he saw 32 texts from Tony and 7 missed calls. Then, the contact name "Mr. Stark 💡 🔴" was calling. He pressed accept.

"H- hello?" Peter's mouth had started to gone dry from the constant inhaling and exhaling through his mouth. 

"Oh my gods, Pete- you finally answered!" Peter heard Tony on the other end catching his own breath. "Are you okay? You sound out of breath? Are you hurt- what happened? You never ignore my texts- let alone my calls!"

Peter didn't answer. He couldn't, his breathing wouldn't allow it. It was like his own chest was closing in on itself, and his own ribs were squeezing his lungs. Tighter, and tighter, each and every second. Peter could even picture it in his mind.

"Kid, hey kid you there? What's happening?" 

Peter swallowed hard. "The thing that's-" he swallowed again, "that's not a panic attack is happening again, right now." He could picture the white bone clutching his pink lungs, which were being squeezed so tight they might just pop. 

"Okay, listen to my breathing and copy me, okay. Sit down if you're standing, feel the ground underneath you and stay grounded. Don't let your mind control you, okay?" Peter nodded, though he knew Tony couldn't tell. He tried his best to follow Tony's exasperated breaths into the phone, until his ribs finally got tired of squishing his lungs. "Okay, better. Now, where are you? I'm coming to pick you up."

"I'm on the roof of my apartment building, but it!s okay you really don' need to come pi-"

"I'll be there in five minutes, tops." Then Tony hung up the phone before Peter could refuse his help any further.

- - -

Tony got there in three minutes. Peter's sleeve was now drenched in blood from him wiping his mouth, and the slashes around his body had begun to sting. He could also feel his eye beginning to swell. "Gods, kid. What the hell happened to you?"

Peter swallowed a bit. He couldn't keep living like this... he had to tell Tony. "I- I'd really rather not talk about it right now if that's okay with you. Can we just g- get out of here please?" 

Tony nodded. "Well, can you stand?"

"I dunno, it could take a second, but I'm sure I could. Are we going somewhere?" Peter swallowed again, taking a deep breath afterwards while utilizing Tony to get to his feet.

"Yeah we're going back to the Tower. You got your webshooters on yah?"

Peter flicked out this wrists. "Always do!"

"Can you swing?"

"I don't know, my arm got torn up pretty bad-"

"PETER BENJAMIN PARKER WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?"

a/n: sorry for the short chapter! don't hate me mortals!