Chapter 6

"Yeah? What's up?" Percy said, Loki now also turning to look at him.

"We need to talk. Alone, please." Nico said, now looking down and moving his feet along the hardwood floor.

"Okay, about?" 

Nico glanced at Percy, and then Loki, and then Percy again. Percy got the message and started to get up when Loki pushed him down. "Yeah, even I'm not mean nought to let you go roaming around Avengers Tower with that bed head. And, Bruce would kill me if I let you get up this soon. Not that I'm scared of him or anything." 

Percy cocked his head to the side, "Didn't he like-"

"Any tale you've heard is false. You look like a rat shit on your hair."

Nico stifled a laugh and looked back down at the floor while Percy looked up at Loki and smirked. "Okay, hair gel. Get outta here." Loki dragged the chair to the corner of the room on his way out and one he was out the door Percy and Nico gave each other a look that said What in he Hades did he do that for? Nico brung the chair back to Percy's bedside as Percy looked in the window as a mirror to fix his hair. Loki was right, it was a mess. "So, what's up?"

Nico looked down at the floor again. "Well, uh, how do I stat this, uh-" Percy cut him off and gave him the biggest hug he could, almost disintegrating Nico's ribs. Nico wasn't the hugest fan of hugs but once he processed what's going on he hugged Percy back. They sat there, both trying to hold back tears. "I thought you died, Percy. You had me so worried." Percy sniffled, looking up and blinking back the water in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry, I just- Nico I don't know what to do." Percy completely dropped his chosen one persona and let go of his friend. He need help right now. Even he could accept that fact.

"I know, and I'm sorry I came to visit you because it's not for the best reason and you have just lost so so much and I and the camp would just completely understand if you couldn't help, especially because Chiron told us you tried to cut ties with Greek Mythology." Nico mumbled the last part, as if he was annoyed at it. 

"What do you mean tried? I did cut ties with everything to do with... that. Except for a few things, and my dad said he would go through with it. I didn't try, Nico. I did.

Nico took a deep breath, and looked down at the floor once again. "Percy, you can't cut us out of your life. Whether you like it or not, you're a demigod. You're part of this crazy screwed up family-community world and you're going to have to stay a part of it as long as you're alive. It's just who you are. It's what you were born as, it's why you were born. Camp needs you. I need you Percy. Please." Nico's knuckles whitened around the chair and his eyes closed as he waited for the answer from Percy. He didn't know what to expect.

Percy didn't know what to say either, but he knew he was mad. Yet, he also knew he couldn't take that out on Nico, especially when the was being so vulnerable with him. "It's- whatever. I knew it anyways, what did you need from me?"

Nico quickly cleared his throat and put his tough persona back on. "Right, sorry. I just, yeah, okay. Sorry. Will just needed an update on how you're doing."

"I'm good. I-" Percy started to say something else, feeling bad switching the tone of conversation with Nico.

"No, no you're not." Bruce walked into the room with his eyes glued to the chart he was holding. "Dinner's in ten, so you best be downstairs and eat something." He then looked Nico up and down, mouthed something to himself, nodded. "Both of you," and walked out.

Nico looked at Percy. "Wildly odd topic, who does he think he is?"

"I know right?!"

Just like that, they started laughing together. Percy loved how they could do that, be serious one minute and then start laughing like idiots the next. Soon, Steve yelled upstairs. "DINNERS READY, ASSES IN CHAIRS, LETS GO." Somewhere downstairs Percy could hear Black Widow- or Natasha, say "Steve, watch your mouth!" and everyone around the table laugh.