Chapter 8

"HE'S DEAD! OH MY GOD- GODS HE'S DEAD" Someone yelled frantically from outside the pool. Percy felt his head break the cool surface of the water as his body got dragged out from outside of his safe environment. "WHAT DO WE DO?!?!"

A hand was placed on his wrist and another, calmer voice spoke. "Dude, he's fine. Chill."

Percy opened up one eye and he saw none other than Clint Barton holding his wirst and Tony Stark stressing over him. "Yeah, I'm fine  I was asleep and you woke me up asshole."

"I-" Tony cleared his throat. "Yes . Of course I knew that... wait, you were asleep? Underwater?" 

Thor and Percy gave each other the Oh shit. look. "Yea, weird." Percy grabbed a nearby towel. "What time is it?"

"Uh, 8:47- wait do not change the subject. How- why were you asleep underwater?" Tony asked, watching Percy fluff up his hair with the towel.

"I dunno genius, you figure it out." He started to walk back into the tower, but stopped before he opened the door. Without looking back, he muttered "Thor can explain it all to you." Then walked in.

Tony turned to Thor once Percy had closed the door. "Okay Mr. Mysterious, what's he all about?"

Thor sighed and started the long, awful story about how Percy Jackson was a demigod.

- - -

Percy got to his room, and willed his clothes dry. He rolled up his sweatpants and looked at his leg, and he realized it was bad. He could see the veins through his legs, and they were almost a green color. "What the fuck?" Percy whispered to himself. But, that was kind of his whole life, isn't it? What the fuck is Percy's life? Honestly, he was still trying to figure it out himself. Once he rolled the pants back down, he laid down in the bed and just stared up at the ceiling, thoughts swirling through his head. He's an awful person. An awful friend. He was an awful boyfriend to Annabeth. He let her die. And he wasn't even there to say sorry. He wasn't there to try to fight by her, for her. He wasn't there for her final breath. He wasn't there to say goodbye. He closed his eyes, pain consuming him. How was he still alive? Why was he still alive? Nico said they needed him... for what? Another Percy Jackson is probably already roaming around, just waiting to be claimed. Nobody would know if he just... disappeared. Would they?

Percy turned to look at the window, and wondered how high up he was. He wondered if Zeus would even care enough to wave his hand and try to stop him if he jumped out, if Poseidon would notice, if he would do right by Annabeth. Shakily, he walked over to his door to lock it, and back to the window. He unlocked the latch from inside, and sat on the ledge. Slowly, he closed his eyes and let himself fall forward.

- - -

"Recently, Percy has suffered great deal, he lost a lot of good people in the recent war." Thor was telling the great demigod's story, and The Avengers were invested. 

Tony turned around for a minute to dip his feet in the pool. The October air was still very warm, but he didn't even take his socks off before he saw the teen figure falling. "GUYS WHAT THE HELL?" 

All the Avengers turned around to see Percy letting himself fall, his arms weren't moving, it was impossible to know if he was already dead or not. 

"WHAT DO WE DO?"

"HOW WOULD I KNOW?"

"THOR WHERES YOUR HAMMER, JOHNATHAN, MJHURN, WHATEVER ITS CALLED GET IT QUICK!"

"IT WOULDN'T BE HERE IN TIME!"

"ARE WE TOO LATE?"

"HOW DO WE SAVE HIM?"

- - - 

Percy just kept on falling, it felt like his world was slowing down. Everything around him was quiet. There was no beat, no melody, nothing. He couldn't even hear the air pumping through his ears. He felt like he was going to regret this, and all of a sudden he became distant from his body. He was still falling. It reminded him of falling into Tartarus with Annabeth. Annabeth... he wouldn't even see Annabeth. He would be in the field of punishment while her and the rest of the crew would be barbecuing in Elysium. The picture of her smile while talking to Leo made Percy grin. This was the right choice.

Just then, a force hit him from the right and crashed him through a window. "I got ya!" And his world went black. Hopefully this time into death. 

A/N:

SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG AND ITS SUCH A DARK CHAPTER I'M ALIVE GUYS I LOVE U MWAH