Chapter 13

Percy could tell he was alive when he heard the rhythmic beating of monitors around him. Well, that hadn't worked out as planned. His head was pounding, and there was a sharp pain in the side of his skull. When he ran his hand over the spot, he felt the soft grooves of stitches. Percy's leg was still throbbing in pain, and there were few new scars littered around his body that he spotted as his pants and sweatshirt rode up when he stood up. 

The beeping only made his headache worse, and he ripped the wires off of himself, which only made a "Code Blue" echo throughout the compound. 

Before Percy could even try and remember what "Code Blue" meant from Will's class, Bruce ran into the room, panting. "Oh, Percy, you're alive, oh, thank the gods." He caught his breath and situated his hair. "Oh! You're awake!"

Percy dropped the wires, "Yeah, what happened? I mean, all I remember is falling until I crashed into something. Then, I woke up, I guess. How long was I out?"

"Not even two days, but it's best if you sit." Bruce grabbed the clipboard hanging off the side of the bed. Percy did as he was told, and Bruce rolled a chair across from him. Before he said anything, he sent a text to someone, and quickly stuffed his phone in his pocket before clearing his throat. "So, Percy. How long has your leg been like that?"

Percy's eyes went wide. He was prepared to defend himself from jumping out the window, not to talk about his leg, the one that they had all believed healed. "Since, since the war." Percy took a guess, hoping Thor had told them about his adventures. His suspicions were confirmed when no further questions were asked.

"We can prescribe you some medication, and it should be okay. Now, about your, fall. I have my own ideas, but I want to know how that happened from your perspective."

Geez, this guy had switched from Avenger to therapist real quick. Thing is, Percy knew lying wouldn't do him any good. These were the top-notch lie detectors, and even though Percy was a top-notch liar, he didn't want to lie to these people. "I jumped," Percy blurted, "I locked the door and I jumped out."

Bruce nodded and jotted something down.  "Have you ever attempted something like this before?"

"No."

"Have you ever thought of attempting suicide before?"

"Yeah, a few times. But I never did until however long ago."

"Have you ever self-harmed in any form before?"

"Yeah."

"Physically or emotionally?"

"You can emotionally self-harm?"

"So, physically then."

"Yeah, yeah physically."

"When was the last time you self-harmed, Percy?"

"When I found out my girlfriend died. So, recently."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"I'll get over it. Lotta people died."

Bruce nodded again and noted another thing down. "I'm sorry to bombard you with all these questions, you're okay now. I'll go grab your medication."

"Yeah, okay."

- - -

When Bruce came back, Percy was patting his hands on the bedsheets nervously. He took the bottle, and cleared his throat. "So, is that all?"

"Do you know a Peter Parker?