Chapter 12

Peter walked into his apartment in a daze. He really hoped he wasn't home. 

"Ah, Petey boy!" He slurred, taking a cigarette out of his mouth while speaking. "Get over here, why don't ya?" Bill, May's newest husband, yelled from the couch.

Peter closed the door behind him. "Uhm, no thanks sir, i- is May home?"

"That old hag? She's workin a 24 hour, night for us boys, aye?"

"No sir, sorry sir. I have homework to do."

"You do know that you're home late, don't you?"

"Y- Yes sir." Peter could easily take this guy, he had no idea why May was staying with him. He knew that he had a job, but he never seemed to go. But he had to be bringing in money, why else would May stay with a guy like him?

May wasn't much better than Bill, in fact, Peter was pretty sure Bill took after her a bit. But Peter knew how nice May once was, which made her a much harder person to hate. Bill... Peter was happy to hate Bill.

"So, get over here." Bill's tone turned dangerously cold, the kind of cold that sends a shiver down your spine. Peter dropped his by the door, along with his shoes. Bill doesn't like shoes on his floor, though he left beer cans littered everywhere. When Peter came over to the couch, he saw that Bill's belt was undone and folded neatly next to him. 

TW: ABUSE 

Bill took Peter's arm to put out his cigarette, and he winced more than he wanted to at the red-hot ashes being put out against his skin. That was May's old move, she started after Ben died. It made it hurt all the more. Once he was done with that, he flicked the cigarette onto the floor. 

After that he took the belt into his hand, and shoved Peter against the wall. Bill whipped him until blood was peeling from his skin and he could feel the metal taste in his mouth.

OVER

"Now, go do that homework. If you fail, you're out of here. No A's, no home, I'm not gonna have a disgrace for a stepson. You got that." Bill snarled, wiping flecks of Peter's blood off the belt.

"Yes."

"Yes, what?" He raised the belt again, and Peter knew how cowardly his own posture had become. 

"Yes, sir." He hated bowing down to such an evil man, and he knew that he could easily take him down. Peter could easily flip the switch, and he thought of it as he grabbed his bag to trudge back to his room.

- - -

After finishing up his homework and calling MJ, Peter began to think about Percy. What had he been doing out of that window. He never did like heights.

He began to remember fond memories they had together before Percy got expelled. Once, they were together on Coney Island, and it began raining at the exact moment they reached the top of a roller coaster. They were so close to the sky, Peter felt as if they had only gone up a few more feet, he would be able to break through the clouds. It was a fond memory.

So, how had Percy fallen?

Maybe he was admiring the skyline? Maybe he just needed a secluded place to think?

Or maybe, it wasn't a fall at all. Maybe he had jumped. 

The thought had already crossed Peter's mind, Percy was always on and off medication for various different things. ADHD, anxiety, depression. He always talked about how he wished there was medication for the ridiculous things he saw, though he never wanted to tell anyone about them. He used to say that the things he saw made him crazy, and that he didn't want to move schools again.

Peter shuddered at the thought of what would have happened had he not gotten there when he did.

To clear his mind, Peter decided he was thirsty enough to get some water. He got out of his bed and walked into the kitchen. He grabbed a cup from the cabinet and was filling it up with tap water when Bills hand placed behind him. "Whatcha doin, Petey?"

Instinctively, Peter swatted the and away, and gasped when he did. Shit, he knew what happened last he has touched Bill. He knew Bill would not be as caring as Mr. Stark. "THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO, BOY?" Peter saw Bill slowly undoing his belt, ready to attack. 

He ran into his room, grabbed his backpack and phone, and quickly opened the window. He jumped out, and climbed up the wall to reach the rooftop. Stupid Peter, why couldn't he just control his instincts?

Did he really just run away from the only home he had ever known?

The thing was happening again, the thing that Mr. Stark had called a panic attack. He decided to check his phone to distract him, instead he say 32 texts from Tony and 7 missed calls. Then, the contact name "Mr. Stark 💡 🔴" was calling. He pressed accept.

"H- hello?"

a/n: ahhh! sorry i'm trying to incorporate percy into the story more but like i said last time i'm fitting in a other plot rn! sorry for the cliffhanger and two panic attacks in two chapters. okay, love u mortals and i'll see you next time!