A Black Cat and Devil

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you like it.

Do check my other Naruto story 'Not Yet' as well.

"Normal speech” people talking.

‘Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons” Kurama or Dragons speaking.

Kurama/Dragon thought’ Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic” is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 20

A Black Cat and Devil

Days passed and everything went smoothly for our blonde hero. He appointed Roygun as Ninja Club's medical advisor which raised a few eyebrows in the Student Council and ORC which he didn't care about.

Roygun herself was very happy among the Ninjas Naruto was preparing and found a mate in Kazehana. The cherry blossom Devil got a good friend in his Rook and from what he heard from Kana, she told her about her Rook position and Roygun started drilling hard her after that.

'As soon as she joined, her experience became useful to me,' thought a bored Naruto. He was going to check around the town to get a good feel of it when he felt something.

'Light magic? Here?' Thought Naruto.

"Oh, how interesting. Looks like the priests came to save the day and cleanse the town," chimed in Kurama.

"This is not funny, Kurama. If those 2 got wind of this, that may well lead to war," said Naruto in annoyance.

"Maybe. But they didn't. This is your chance, silence them," said Kurama in excitement.

"This is not a game, furball," said Naruto.

"For me, it is," rebuked the 10 tailed fox. Naruto sighed and teleported to the 2 signatures he sensed.

From their clothes, Naruto can't find anything. As they wore completely unrelated clothes. But on closer inspection, he saw the white edges of the priest's clothes and confirmed them to be the 2 troublemakers.

He changed his appearance to keep his identity secret as well. He wore a grinning fox-styled porcelain mask. With the rest of his Anbu uniform which consists of a black full bodysuit, a grey flak jacket, metal arm guards and gloves, three ninja pouches on his back-waist and a signature spiral tattoo on his left shoulder. His sword, Kagutsuchi, was strapped to his back.

Overall, Naruto just turned into an Anbu of Konoha but without his Headband. He wanted to wear it, but couldn't, as he was no longer in his world and didn't want to spread new ideas for idiots who may take things seriously.

The bigger change is his face and eyes. Instead of his sun-kissed blonde hair, Naruto changed it to blood red and his cerulean blue eyes which can't be seen through his mask turned into his mother's violet eyes.

"Halt, who are you and what are you doing here?" Naruto asked in a monotone like how the Anbu does.

"Yikes. Cheat, we got discovered," yelled Trigger in excitement.

"So what? We can use our powers to escape. Make a barrier," said Cheado and Trigger hastily made a barrier. But Naruto already made a barrier to suppress their magic from Devil's detection.