2

"Hailey lay still," Jay told his wife as Lacey finally reached them. Hailey was still trying to move around after she got thrown however far.

"What the hell happened?" Lacey asked, a little frantic as she kneeled on the ground.

"I don't know. I was in front of her, the explosion happened, I got up and saw her lying there. She's still really out of it" Jay told her, putting Hailey on her back gently again.

"Ears are probably still ringing if she was that close" Lacey sighed, waiting on the ambo with Jay. "Give me the keys. I'll drive the car" Jay nodded and gave her the keys to the Traverse. She could tell he was considering getting Hailey in that car and driving like mad but didn't want to hurt her more. "You're not moving her."

Jay sighed and nodded as they heard sirens approaching. "They're coming Hailey. Stay still"

As soon as the ambulance pulled up, they started getting Hailey all packed up and having Jay go with them.

Lacey got in the traverse and pulled up Will's contact immediately. She called him as she drove behind the ambulance, running a light or 2 behind it.

"Hey Lace. What's up?" Will answered, sounding like he was at work.

"You're at work?" She asked, watching her driving as she spoke to him.

"Yeah. Lace. What's going on?" Will asked, going into the lounge so it was quiet.

"Jay's on his way in with Hailey. There was an explosion and Hailey got thrown back. I ran over. She was trying to get up when I got there. We're here." Lacey rambled, pulling into the parking lot behind the ambulance.

"I'll meet you outside," Will said as both of them hung up. Lacey parked the car and headed in behind them, grabbing Jay to keep him back.

"No, I need to go with her" Jay said, trying to push himself away from Lacey.

"Jay. Listen. Listen!" Lacey told her brother sternly, knowing he just wanted to get to Hailey. "They're looking at her and then you can be with her. I know you're worried but she was moving, she was trying to get up. That's good."

"Hey Lace called me. How is she?" Will asked, coming up to his 2 siblings.

"They just got her. So we'll see. She was trying to move when I got there" Lacey told him, finally getting Jay to calm down and sit and wait.

"I'll go check," Will told them, squeezing Jay's shoulder as he walked by. They waited in the uncomfortable seats.

Lacey sighed and checked the app again, getting an update on her baby that she needed.

Riley had a wet diaper (2:02 PM)
Riley fell asleep(2:09 PM)

Miss Dani: Hi Ryan and Lacey. Just wanted to message you with an update on your girl. She's doing great! Fell asleep about an hour ago, she'll have a bottle when she wakes up!

Lacey Davis: Thank you so much! Ryan should be picking her up soon.

As soon as she set her phone back down, she got a call from Ryan.