53

Following the Kelly incident that night, Ryan and Lacey didn't sleep anymore. Lacey kept her eyes on the kids before she got up around 6 and started making a breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon for her family. Ryan got up as well and got a shower before he got ready for work and go the girls up. Neither had woken up to the garage door opening and seemed to have a full battery in a sense for the day ahead.

"Mama!" Riley grinned, attaching herself to Lacey's leg as soon as she ran over.

"Morning sweetie," She smiled a little, flipping the pancakes before she squatted down to give Riley a kiss. after she did that, Riley ran to the dining room and sat on the bench while Ryan sat Lyla in her high chair.

"I'll take over, you go get ready," Ryan said as he kissed the back of her head, "Remember, no field work,"

"Don't remind me," She sighed, going up the steps slowly to their bedroom. She settled on a simple red t-shirt, her gray sweatshirt, and a simple pair of jeans before she went and pulled on a pair of her Nike's and threw her hair in a ponytail. She didn't bother doing much makeup since the most she'd be doing was sitting at her desk, doing paperwork, and answering phones. She definitely wouldn't get away with going out now since Jay was her boss.

She finished getting ready before grabbing the brush for the girls and a few hair ties and heading down the steps. Ryan usually cleaned up the dishes and everything while she got the girl's hair in cute little updos to keep them out of their faces. Rileys was more intricate than Lylas 2 little pigtails since Lyla didn't have much hair yet and also wouldn't sit still that long.

She finished Lyla's hair with a little bow before giving Riley her phone with an episode of Bluey on so she could focus on it while Lacey pulled her hair into the cute style complete with braids into the pigtails and bows

"Alright my loves," Lacey smiled, setting both of them on the floor before finding their shoes and helping them put them on