36

Hey Lace,
Took the girls in. Lyla is with me and Ri went to daycare. Call if you need me. If you start feeling worse, call me. Take the meds I left on your nightstand.
Love you
-Ryan

Lacey sighed and set the note back on her nightstand, eyeing the medicine Ryan had left for her. She took the meds quickly, taking a swig of water to wash the pills down before laying back down.

She later decided to try and take a shower but switched to a steamy bath to try and clear her sinuses.

As soon as she crawled back into bed, the doorbell rang and she debated on even going down until she realized it was almost time for more medicine. She got out of bed and slowly walked down before opening the door to reveal a young kid with a Panera bag.

"Lacey Davis?"

"Yeah," she nodded, taking the bag as it was handed over. "Thanks," she smiled a little, shutting the door. She took the bag over to the table and opened it up, seeing the chicken noodle soup and a water. There was a little note on the delivery slip that simply said, "Please deliver to my wife, Lacey Davis,".

She sighed and sat down, turning on an episode of the Price is Right while she ate her soup

——————

At the district, Jay came over to the Narcotics area to talk to Ryan about help on one of their cases when he saw the baby on Ryan's lap.

"You want her?" Ryan asked, looking up from his paperwork.

"Maybe," he chuckled, "came to ask for your take on our case but I'll take the baby snuggles,"

"Go for it," he chuckled, handing the sniffly infant over.

"I gotta get a hold of you before your aunt finds out you're here and not home with mommy," he chuckled, sitting in a chair across from Ryan. "Got anything on this bad batch coming out of Englewood?"