11

The rest of the unit was at med, waiting on Lacey to arrive.
They all heard it.
The tires screeched as Lacey pulled up, forgetting to put the car in park before she bolted. Luckily, Kevin was able to jump over and stop it.

"Where is he?!" She yelled, running in and getting caught by Jay.

"Slow down. Slow down. Just listen to me," Jay said, trying to get his sister to stop moving for a few seconds. "Lacey, listen!"

"Where is he, Jay?" She finally stopped and looked up at her brother, ready to break down.

"They took him into surgery. I don't know what happened but he made it here alive," he reassured her, "Just sit down, take a drink."

Lacey didn't take that and marched right over to Voight. Her breathing hitched as she saw the blood on Voight's jackets and knew it was her husband's. "What happened?!"

"He and Garrett went in on the north, Kim, Adam, and I on the south. All I saw was Ryan, and they got him. He went down, I got him in the car and rushed him here. That's when I called you." Voight explained, watching Lacey slowly break down. "Where were you?" She asked Garrett.

"Lace I tried- I couldn't find him," Garrett told the frantic wife of his partner.

"You were supposed to be right by him! You were his cover! I can't lose him!!" She yelled, Jay, coming over and guiding her back to the seats where she fully broke down and cried.

Hailey and Jay sat on either side of her, hoping to get her calmed down. Hailey held her hand while Jay rubbed her back, letting her cry.

"Hey Adam, Kim. Take her car, get the baby. It's the Kids Korner by their house. Leave your gun in the car, take your license in, Riley's in the baby room to the right. Code to get in the door is 0622." Jay asked, both of them nodding and getting up. They took Lacey's car for the car seat base while Jay and Hailey stayed by Lacey, being joined by Will when he found out.

——————

They were still waiting after 7 hours, and Lacey was crying pretty much the whole time. She'd calm down for a few seconds and then it'd hit her again. The hospital waiting room was still full of uniformed cops as well as Intelligence and narcotics, all waiting to hear what Ryan's condition was. Riley was having a pretty rough time until Voight (now changed) got her and paced the waiting room floor with her against his chest. She seemed to calm down and settle into sleep while her little fists held onto the shirt. Jay, Hailey, and Will never once left Lacey's side unless it was to check on Ryan or get her water.

When Doctor Marcel came out, Lacey's heart dropped until the word "stable" was spoken. They took her back immediately, Jay, Hailey, and Will all going with her. Ryan was pale in the bed but sleeping, and had multiple IVs and a blood bag going. Lacey sat beside him, playing with his wedding ring on her thumb. She'd held Riley a little bit but it was mostly Will and intelligence on baby duty.

Around 2 in the morning, Voight had come in. Jay was up with Lacey, while Hailey and Will were getting their nap in. Jay squeezed his sister's shoulder before he got up to go talk to Voight and leave her sitting with Ryan.

"How's he doing?"

"Stable. Waiting on him to wake up." Jay told their sergeant, watching Lacey shift in the chair.