30

Lacey and Lyla spent the next 2 days at Med with around-the-clock care. Lacey hadn't slept either night as she was up and pacing the room to keep Lyla calm.

"Hey. Do you feel okay to drive home? Or should I call Ryan?" Will asked, coming upstairs to give Lacey the discharge papers.

"I can probably-, I shouldn't. Can you call Ryan? My phone died,"

"Yeah, I'll get him,"

Lacey nodded and packed up their things after signing the discharge papers.

"Ryan said he'll be here in 20. Jay and Hailey are taking Riley for the morning," Will said as he popped his head back into the room.

"Thanks, Will,"

Ryan was there within 20 minutes to pick his wife and daughter up, happy to have the 2 home again. Lyla got another breathing treatment, that Lacey was dozing off through.

"Hey. Let me have her," Ryan chuckled, noticing Lacey falling asleep.

"No, I'm okay. I just need the coffee to kick in,"

"The coffee that you had at 6? Before I picked you up? Go take a nap, I'm home today,"

"I don't remember an exact time Ryan, I'm okay," she sighed, sounding pretty irritated.

"I'm gonna call your brothers then,"

"Tell them to bring coffee," she snapped, getting up to put Lyla in her swing.

"Mhm," Ryan hummed, watching her sit back on the couch. It only took a minute or 2 before she decided to lay down, passing out within a minute. He chuckled softly as he came out to see his wife sound asleep on the sectional. He smiled as he took the throw blanket off the back and threw it over her carefully, "Yep. I knew you were tired. You get cranky,"

——————

A few hours later, Jay and Hailey stopped by to drop Riley off as well as to check on Lyla.

"She's in her swing, both of them knocked out 3 hours ago. How was my little gremlin?"

"She's also cranky," Jay chuckled, handing the near 2-year-old over to her father.

"You ready for bed?"

"No!" Riley whined, before letting a big yawn slip.

"Uh-huh. Not sleepy?" Ryan chuckled, setting her in the playpen they had set up in the living room. Riley laid right down and snuggled up with the blanket they kept downstairs for her. "Yeah, there's no doubt that Riley's definitely my wife's kid. Says I'm not tired and knocks out,"

"How was Lyla?" Hailey asked, peeking at her niece in the swing.

"Better now. She's got breathing treatments every 4 hours until it clears up,"

"How's the new job?" Jay asked.

"Pretty good, haven't gotten as much accomplished as I thought but my kids are taking precedence before the job," Ryan nodded before smiling, "I'm getting a brand new truck though so that's nice,"