Lacey and Hailey slowly opened the doors before the suspect started firing. Luckily, they were able to duck behind the doors and get a few shots in when they could before it was called in.

Hailey got a good shot and knocked the suspect down, giving them time to arrest him. Patrol took him while Lacey and Hailey searched the car.

"Burner phone," Hailey said, pulling it out of the cup holder and bagging it. They bagged any other evidence they could find and headed back to the district.

They worked on everything until 3 PM when Lacey couldn't keep her eyes open. They were getting nowhere, so a few went home, and a few stayed until they got something.

Lacey had called Ryan to come to get her since her car was filled with holes and was heading to the CPD garage. They luckily had an extra car and car seat base in case it happened where they didn't have a car.

"Someone call for a ride?" Ryan asked, pulling up to where Lacey was inspecting her car.

"Hey babe" Lacey smiled as she got in, expecting to turn around and see her baby. "Ryan where's the baby?"

"Still at daycare. We're going on a quick little date." Ryan smiled, heading to an empty parking lot on the lake.

"What are we doing?" Lacey asked, jumping out of the truck as Ryan put all the windows down. He put on the Jordan Davis song "Slow Dance in a Parking Lot" and got out, taking his wife into his arms.

"Exactly what the song says. I just wanted a few moments with my perfect girl" Ryan smiled, slowly dancing to the song in front of the truck.

"I got a pretty great man myself" Lacey chuckled, "I love him even more now than the day I married him."

"Mhm. He sounds great" Ryan joked, getting a kiss from Lacey as the song ended. "Now that that's done, I'm sure our little girl is waiting to come home with us"

"Yes please," Lacey smiled, getting in as Ryan drove to the daycare.

As soon as they pulled up, Lacey signed her out seeing it come up on the feed.

Riley Davis was signed out by Lacey Davis (3:49 PM)

——————

As soon as they got home, Lacey passed out on the couch while Ryan was changing the baby's diaper. He came back down, put Riley in her swing, and covered Lacey with the throw blanket.

The night was relatively quiet after Lacey woke up from her nap. They ordered pizza and had Jay and Hailey come over. Will was on a shift so he wasn't showing up.

Riley was awake and being passed between her mom, dad, aunt, and uncle.

"Come on. Give me the baby. You've had her forever" Jay said, holding his arms out for the little one.

"Fine. But I want her back" Hailey chuckled, handing over the small child.

"If y'all want her that bad, you can take her tonight. You'll hate me when she wakes you up at 2 am screaming" Lacey laughed, watching Jay naturally pat the baby's back as Riley snuggled against him.