31

The next morning, Lacey went to an appointment at med to see how everything in her early pregnancy was going. They obviously didn't plan this one, but she was over the moon to be pregnant again. She was only about 5 weeks along, and all the signs pointed to her having the little one in early September 2023. She smiled as she stuck the little picture in her wallet, ready to get to the district and go upstairs to get to work.

She went up to the bullpen, sitting at her desk as she turned on her computer.

"How'd it go?" Hailey whispered as she leaned against Lacey's desk.

"5 weeks," she smiled as she pulled the little picture out of her wallet.

"You telling Ryan?" The blonde asked, meaning to ask how she was gonna tell him.

"Duh," she chuckled, "just have to find a night when we'll be home together. This promotion keeps him out a lot. Sometimes he's crawling into bed at 1 or 2,"

Hailey nodded, "you figure out how to tell him?"

"Not yet. But it'll come to me," she chuckled, "what's up with this case?"

"We can't find anything,"

"Give Voight 5 minutes. I'm sure he will," she sighed, working on her little assignment as Hailey did the same.

——————

Lacey: you gonna make it home for dinner?

Ryan: Probably not tonight. I'm so sorry babe, this case has us all working night shift.

Lacey: get pizza or something for your team, I'll see you when I see you.

Ryan: you will. I love you, tell the girls I love them

Lacey: I will. I Love you too ❤️

Lacey sighed and put her phone down before picking it back up and sending a group text to both her brothers as well as Hailey and Emily.

Lacey: Pizza night at our house. Ryan can't make a guarantee he'll be home. Riley's been begging to see you guys.

Will: I would but I'm on the night shift.

Hailey: we'll be there in 15.

Lacey smiled and went out to where Riley was watching something on TV.

"Guess who's coming over soon?"

"Day an Aiwey an Wiw Wiw?" She asked, jumping up on the couch.

"Yep, Uncle Jay and Aunt Hailey. Uncle Will can't tonight baby," Lacey confirmed, taking video of her daughter jumping up and down happily. She chuckled and pulled up her messages between her and Hailey and sent it.

Lacey: My kid loves you guys. A. Lot.
(Attachment: 1 Video)

Hails: She's so damn cute😂❤️

Lacey: she's something else for sure 😂

Lacey chuckled and set down her phone again, watching a little bit of the episode before the knock on the door came. Lacey followed the little one to the door and let her open it, revealing her aunt and uncle with her cousin.