12: a tsundere's love

y/n: Where's my tsun-chin at?

Midorima: y/n, what are you doing here?

y/n: shin-chan

Midorima: nanodayo, stop repeating my name like that. He says pushing his glasses up with his bandaged fingers, avoiding her gaze. They are sitting side by side on a bench in the dark under a streetlamp, overlooking an empty road. She faced forward to the open road, like him, shoulders brushing against each other, not forcing him to meet her gaze.

y/n: Shintaro, talk to me, I won't say anything until you have finished, okay?

Midorima: What?

y/n: talk to me honestly, what's on your mind?

Midorima: can't you already predict it? He says with a sigh

y/n: WHAT? no. I can't read minds, Shin-chan, even if I could I still wouldn't be able to read yours.

Midorima: And why is that?

y/n: Because I love you.

Midorima: That doesn't answer my question.

y/n: It does! Because I love you, my mind clouds up and I can't easily read your emotions.

Midorima: Well now you know how I feel!

y/n: Shin-chan, tell me.

Midorima: okay. I just feel horrible, worthless even. You wanted me to help you but I didn't. The one time you needed me, I didn't help. I was stuck there, watching you suffer. I'm sorry.

y/n: it's okay. she hugs him, not arguing with him, her head against his chest, his shirt starting to feel damp.

Midorima: Nanodayo...

y/n: I love you shin-chan.

Midorima: I love you too.

She continues to cry into his chest and he embraces her, stroking her hair.

Midorima: Why are you crying? Talk to me.

y/n: Don't say that you didn't do anything, okay? You did. And... and...if you couldn't help me then, then help me now, be here for me now. Not on some random bench in the middle of nowhere!

Midorima: I'm sorry y/n.

y/n: and stop apologising!

Midorima: Sorry!

y/n: Stop!

Midorima: Okay, nanodayo, I'll stop.

y/n: good, now can we go back?

Midorima: Let's just stay out here a little longer.

y/n: Okay shin-chan.

Midorima: cold?

y/n: nah.

Midorima: yes you are, stop lying.

He takes off his jacket and wraps it around y/n whilst still hugging her.

y/n: thanks

After about 10 minutes, y/n had fallen asleep on Midorima in his arms. He notices and decides to take her back. He carries her bridal style with his jacket still wrapped around her. He realises he can't jump through the window while carrying her so resorts to going through the front door. Not having a key, he had to ring the doorbell.

Kagami: Midorima, y/n, how did you get outside? I thought you guys were asleep.

Aomine: yeah we all did.

Murasakibara, Aomine, Kuroko, Kise, Alex, Kagami, and Riko are still awake and are now looking at the two of them coming through the front door.

Midorima: We went for a walk and she fell asleep, nanodayo.

Kise: how did you get out?

Midorima: the window.

Kuroko: Why didn't you just go through the front door?

Midorima: so that none of you followed us and bothered us.

Aomine: aw, and i bet you wanted to sneak back in through the window didn't you?

Midorima: yes, but my princess fell asleep.

Alex: awww, princess.

Aomine: That's the only time you'll ever hear him say that.

Midorima: whatever, nanodayo, i'm going to bed.

Kise: That's what you said last time Midorimacchi!

Midorima ignores him and goes straight to their room, places y/n delicately on the bed, and closes the window that was left open. He sighs, looking at y/n and lies down next to her, an arm comfortably around her waist. She wakes up slightly and turns to face him, a slight smile on her face. She cuddles him and buries her head into his chest, and they both fall asleep.

With Kise and the others.

Kuroko: I think they will actually go to sleep this time.

Aomine: what because y/n was practically asleep?

Kuroko: Yes, exactly.

Murasakibara: What were we talking about before they came in?

Riko: Erm, oh, how you all first met!

Kise: Oh yeah, and we were about to say how we met y/n-cchi!

Aomine: Oooh, that was not the day for me.

Alex: What do you mean?

Kise: Aominecchi pissed her off straight away, it marks the day they became enemies.

Aomine: stop saying the word enemy like that.

Kise: yeah but technically you hate each other so...

Alex: So how did you meet her then?

Kise: OO i wanna say it! So Akashicchi actually knew her and brought her to one of our training sessions. Basically there weren't enough girls interested in the girls basketball club but the ones who joined still wanted to practise so she asked if they could practise with us.