24: reunions are a drag

The team made their way to the stadium they were going to be playing in. They were an hour early but people were starting to be seated. The players notice their other team members in the crowds and greet them. At this point the members have all split off, Adira and Midorima are still together.

Midorima: Adira, I see our team, let's greet them.

Adira: Yes of course!

They walk over to their teammates.

Miyaji: MIDORIMA AND... adira?

(A/N: the people that you don't know will be irrelevant characters but are still characters from the show, the following people are from Shutoku's basketball team!)

Adira: Good afternoon Yuya.

Otsubo: So Adira, you're going to play then?

Adira: Yes I will, if y/n keeps on having panic attacks.

Otsubo: Ah, I heard about the bet.

Adira: It'd be surprising if you hadn't.

Miyaji: Is she going to be okay?

Adira: It is my hope that she will.

Otsubo: Well I wish you luck.

Adira: And I humbly accept it, but please excuse me, I need to go to the washroom.

Otsubo: Of course.

Adira leaves Midorima and the group to the washroom.

-With adira

She notices a guy following her so she decides to go to the bathroom to see if he was still there. Unsurprisingly, he was standing outside the men's toilet when she came back out from the girls'

Adira: Sorry to ask but are you following me?

Guy: Of course not.

He was of similar age, maybe a couple years older. He had jet black hair, trimed very short. He was wearing blue jeans, a red polo shirt and a black jacket.

Adira: Oh so it's purely coincidental then?

Guy: I don't know what you mean.

Adira: Well then, excuse my bluntness and I apologise for the accusations.

Guy: Maybe you can make it up to me.

Adira: Did the apology not suffice?

Guy: Sorry, but I hate people accusing me of things so...

The guy pins Adira against the wall, blocking her in with his hands, which were tightly gripping her wrists to the wall.

Adira: Get off of me.

Guy: I'm taking my apology.

Adira: Well I don't need to apologise seeing as i was right!

Guy: You shouldn't yell at me like that, now I need some more payment.

Adira: Get off me you perv.

Guy: You're accusing me again, I don't like that!

He inches closer to her face which she turns away from him. Their bodies were very close, she could feel his breath on her cheek. It was then she noticed someone watching. Someone who was carrying a pair of scissors. Only a mere couple of seconds later, the scissors were thrown right in between their faces, slightly scraping against both of their cheeks. The guy jumps back in surprise and puts a hand to his bleeding cheek. Adira takes this chance to kick him to the floor and pummell him repeatedly.

Midorima: Adira, are you okay? He says, rushing past the person and the guy to Adira.

Adira: I'm fine Shintaro, why are you here?

Midorima: I thought you were taking a while so I came to see what was wrong. What happened, nanodayo?

Adira: Just this guy being a creep on your girlfriend's body. He's been following me since we got here.

Midorima: He didn't touch you right?

Adira: No, it's fine.

Midorima: Why is your cheek bleeding then?

Akane: my apologies, it was my scissors that did that.

(A/N: in case you have a terrible memory like me, Akane is Akashi's genderbend- female doppelganger- they were introduced in chapter 19!)

Midorima finally looks over to the person he originally ran past in surprise.

Midorima: So the rumours were true.

Akane: Yes, we were invited to watch this game after we saw the previous match and their claims against japanese basketball, we were enraged too.

Adira: How lovely.

Akane: You should probably clean that up.

Adira: And you should probably get your scissors and leave.

Midorima: Come on Adira, let's clean up that cut.

Adira: Don't worry Shintaro-

Midorima: I know it won't hurt you, but it will hurt y/n so please just come with me.

Akane: Aren't you gonna do something about him?

Adira: I'll leave that to you.

Akane: Ugh, I won't touch such a thing.

Adira: You're not a princess, off you go.

Akane: aren't you going to thank me?

Adira: No. Why on earth would i do that?

Akane: I just saved you.

Adira: No, you just threw your scissors and cut me.

Akane: If i hadn't you would have still been there.

Adira: You're wrong. You don't know anything about me. Even so, Shintaro came only moments later, so your presence wasn't necessary.

Midorima and Adira then head to their locker room, leaving Akane and the guy behind.

Kise: Where have you guys been?

Momoi: Adira, why are you bleeding?

Adira: It's nothing to worry about, i just bumped into Akane.

Akashi: Akane's here?

Adira: Yes, and she still has those stupid scissors of hers.

Momoi: So she did that? I'M GOING TO KILL HER-

Midorima: Momoi, calm down. Can you pass the first aid kit please?

Kuroko: Here.

Midorima: Thankyou Kuroko.

Kuroko: It's fine.

Kagami: How is her hand doing?

Adira: Well I feel fine, and it was only a few scratches so she'll be fine.

Midorima: Her hand is doing fine, better than this scratch on her face.

Adira: That's what I just said!

Midorima: Well he asked me, nanodayo.

Aomine: Stop arguing like a married old couple.

Midorima: WE ARE NOT ARGUING NANODAYO!

Riko: Hey guys, it's time to go!

Kise: Already? Wow I've never been so nervous and angry in my life.

Akashi: save the anger for the game.

Kise: Don't worry Akashicchi, I will!

Aomine: I just hope we don't run into them as well.

A/N: FINALLY WE HAVE GOT TO THE ACTUAL PLOT, LMAO IT TOOK ME 25 CHAPTERS TO GET HERE, that's kinda depressing 😭✌️but it's fine I guess. Don't forget to leave a vote if you like the chapter 🙂