49: A promising proposal

a/n: just to remind you guys, the things in italics are all narration and the stuff not in italics should be speech!

In midorima's car:

Midorima: We need to go faster! He shouts, pressing harder on the pedal and shifting gear.

Takao: Startled and gripping onto his seat he manages to squeak. Shin-chan, slow downnnn. Dragging out the last few words he manages to open one eye and notice the anger in midorima's eyes as he recklessly drives.  Don't worry we'll get there in time!

Momoi: Holding onto whatever she could in the back seat she shouts to Midorima. We all just need to stay calm-

Midorima: Cutting her off and shouting back in anger he says. I don't see how I can do that right now!

Momoi: If you don't then we will crash ! Shutting her eyes, she screams back.

In midorima's parent's car:

Midorima's mom: Panicked, she turns to her husband. Only three minutes away, can you go faster?

Midorima's father: Looking at the curved road ahead he replies. If I do, we will swerve off of the road! I'm going as fast as I can!

With Akashi:

Akashi: So what am I supposed to do? What do I tell Shintaro? He says, standing up and pacing slightly in front of her

Adira: ...The truth. She replies, closing her eyes and sighing.

Akashi: He stops pacing and turns to her slowly. What pain would you have to give her? You know...if i didn't marry her...

Adira: She sighs again and pauses between each sentence. If you didn't marry her...I'd have to kill her. And if I didn't, we'd both die anyway.

Akashi: He looks troubled for a moment before pacing again. Wait, didn't you say my demon combined with me? What will happen to me?

Adira: I'm not sure, but you certainly won't escape the consequences.

Akashi: He stops pacing again and snaps his head back to face Adira, full of concern. Wait, how's the bleeding now?

Adira: Slow down. She says, wincing, clutching her head and closing her eyes. You keep jumping between conversations. Just take a moment to breathe. And talk slowly, I'm finding it hard to follow what you're saying.

Akashi: Sorry. He crouches down to her head level and holds her other hand. How are you now?

Adira: I'll survive.

Akashi: Are you seriously joking at a time like this?

Adira: Her white eyes snap open. It wasn't a joke, I'll survive long enough for them to get here at least.

Akashi: You know y/n's condition, does it have something to do with you?

Adira: Slowly resting her eyes again, she tries to rest her head on the head rest of the seat. Partly, I guess so. It was triggered by trauma though, through the loss of her family. Her parents were connected to y/n through the curse but obviously they died with her brother when he didn't meet the requirements to break the curse. She pauses for a breath. So the curse was slightly altered for her, as none of her parents were linked to her anymore, which was the reason her condition developed. It's a foreign condition to the world as it is one created by my world.

Akashi: He pauses to think before asking. So do you know how to cure it?

Adira: No, I barely know anything about it, I've just been suppressing it when she stopped taking those useless pills. They were actually doing more harm to her so I stopped her using them.