55: Remember

Akashi's POV:

It's been about a week since I woke up from my coma and I'm starting to feel more comfortable around these colourful people.

The pink haired one, Momoi I think it was, has been very good to me ever since I woke up, despite me lashing out on her that day. She's been one of the most helpful in terms of helping me remember my past.

I won't lie, none of it is feeling familiar to me yet, but I'm happy learning about who I was and what I used to do.

To be honest, all of them have been very helpful in their own ways, like Kise for example, he had such golden retriever energy, matching his yellow locks, always bouncing around, telling me how scary I was and that he was glad he didn't have to be scared anymore.

Or Aomine. Well Aomine wasn't all that helpful to be honest, he was just there most times, even then though he wasn't always around the group, but he was always happy to remind me how boring I was, that I played things like Shogi and was very academic, unlike him clearly.

There was also Murisakibara, who scarily knew all the foods I liked to eat, and how I liked them cooked. Whenever he was around, he would make sure to buy me treats that I previously liked, or when eating in restaurants, he wouldn't forget to point out which meal I used to pick.

Then that little blue haired guy, he is quite amusing to be honest, Momoi is always all over him, which made it slightly easier for me to notice him. He was pretty quiet most times, maybe reserved is the word to describe him, but at the same time he had good humour and good relations with the others. He wouldn't tell me explicitly, but in conversations, he'd sometimes mention some of the things I used to say, or little memories that he randomly remembered.

And lastly, the two green heads. I initially mistook them for siblings seeing as they were always with each other and had the same hair, but after getting to know them I realised it was quite the opposite. I did however get to meet an actual sibling of theirs, who was pretty attached to me it seemed, Himemi her name was.

She's super adorable and I see why I took a liking to her. She also doesn't seem to understand that I don't have any memory of her, so all of us pretend as if nothing has changed, whenever she's around.

But back to the two green heads, Midorima and y/n.

It turns out, they are the two I was closest to. y/n and me were childhood friends and me and Midorima were pretty close in middle school. They've been the ones to tell me more about my past and what I was really like, deep down.

Using all of this, I'm successfully piecing everything together, finding out what made Akashi Seijuro.

Alongside them, my grandfather has made sure to call me often, to check on me and y/n. However, I haven't had any contact from my mother or father, or from any siblings. Y/n and Midorima helped me to realise that I didn't actually have a mother or any siblings, and in a way, I didn't really have a proper father either.

So that's been everything in a nutshell.

My grandfather said it wouldn't be best for me to return home and offered to buy me a home to live in but y/n and Midorima offered me a room to stay in. It was then that I fully grasped how established my family really was.

Though, with all this, deep down I feel like there's something else, something else they aren't telling me.

Maybe it's just because it's only been a week and they don't want to overwhelm me or maybe it's because it's a memory they don't want me to keep.

Well aside from that, I'm pretty content with how my life's going right now. Maybe there was a reason I lost my memories, to escape the bad ones and create better ones.

a/n: aaa this story has dragged on for so long and ive had this drafted for ages but was too busy, but ive seen people still reading (TYSM FOR THAT BTW ILY GUYS) so i thought i should be a decent human being and finally finish this once and for all. Writing this was super duper fun and thank you all for reading and voting, it means so much to me, this isnt my best work but thank you for bearing with it. The next chapter will be the last (unless i do some bonus chapters!?!) so thank you again and i hope you have a great day <3