Chapter 16

Coraline cleared her throat and sat up, resting her body against the headboard. "Um can I-", she pointed to the thin grey sheet covering the bed. He nodded, her body instantly going under the silky covers.

It surprised her when he went under as well. She knew it was his bed but she just thought he wouldn't want to be under the sheets if she was too.

"Your wife," she poke clearly, going straight to the point, "Scorpius told me you guys weren't in great terms but you kissed her." She turned her head to him, trying to see if he was getting angered.

"If you're cheating on her with me but you still love her you have to tell me because I really don't want to make things bad for you guys-"

"Coraline."

She stopped at his voice, noticing he was watching her intently. "She kissed me because she wanted to show everyone in the room she was with me. "

She just looked at him nervously and nodded just waiting for him to answer the question she was dreading.

He turned his attention to the foggy window, his eyes glistening from the moonlight. "I didn't want her to kiss me."

Relief flooded in her chest as she tried relax but just couldn't stop the voice in the back of her head. "Then why did you kiss her back?"

He turned his head back to her, a grin threatening to grow on his face. "Why, jealous?" She rolled her eyes and scoffed in annoyance, not sure why she even tried to understand him.

"Forget I even asked." She yanked the blanket off her, going to stand up. His hand pulled her back roughly, a yelp leaving her lips as she landed almost fully on top of him.

A gasp left her lips as she moved her eyes up to look at him, hair strands falling down her face. He thought she looked so attractive at that moment. He would fuck her right there if she wasn't mad at him.

"I had to kiss her back. If you didn't notice, we were in front of hundreds of people that think our marriage is perfect."

She noticed he was right. People do think they have the perfect family so if he doesn't kiss his own wife back he'll end up starting drama.

"Besides", he lowered his tone, not wanting her to hear him, "why would I need to kiss her when I already have you?"

He had no idea she heard him clearly so she just stayed quiet and pressed her head against his chest, breathing calmly against him. She laid with her leg draped over him, exhaustion dawning down on her.

"Did you fuck Scorpius?"

Her eyes shot open at his question, lifting her head up as she looked at him with disbelief. "No I- why would you think that?"

He clenched his jaw and turned his head to the side giving her a view of his side profile. "Then why was his hand on your waist?"

She sat up slightly, her hands buckling under her as she searched for his eyes. "He's my best friend Malfoy- I didn't even think about him doing it in a sexual way."

He rolled his tongue inside his cheek, chuckling dryly. "Right."

She couldn't help the smirk crawling up her face as she repeated his words. "Why, jealous?"

He turned his head to look at her, his nose flaring in anger. "Don't get all smart with me Coraline. We all know how that's going to end."

She gulped and rested her head on the pillow, watching his chest inflate and deflate as he took short breaths. She moved her eyes to his, watching them glimmer as he looked at her with an unfamiliar look in his eyes.

Her eyes drooped as she tried to get up but exhausted wouldn't let her. She usually goes to sleep at nine on Sundays like today considering how early she has to wake up every morning for classes.

She imagined herself getting up and leaving but couldn't actually bring her body to get up from the comfortable bed.

He brought his hand up gently, hesitating before running his fingers gently through her hair. He was acting so nice it actually shocked her.

Her connected eyes finally fluttered, the last view being his soft gaze searching her eyes.  She fell into a deep sleep knowing he will wake her up in five minutes to tell her to leave.

𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙

A soft groan left her lips as she woke up with the light of dawn hitting her face. She lifted her head up sleepily to look around the unfamiliar area, her eyes widening as she remembered where she was.

"Shit!" She whispered yelled as she got up slowly, trying her best to not wake him up. She let out a breath when she succeeded, getting up and grabbing the pieces of her torn clothing.

Trying to put her shirt on the best she can, she slipped on her shirt and limped to the door, opening it gently before turning around.

His platinum hair was sticking out in different places, his lips parted as he inhaled slowly. He looked so beautiful just she wished she could replay the moment over and over.

She shook her head, snapping herself out of the trance and slipped out the door, making her way to her dorm to get ready for class.

𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙

The door to her and Faye's dorm squeaked open as she tiptoed in, careful to not wake her up. She let out a breath when she saw her peacefully sleeping on the bed.

Class started in two hours so she had time to shower and hide the ripped clothing from Faye for her not to ask millions of questions.

Entering the bathroom she removed the torn items from her body, inspecting herself in the mirror. She almost gasped at the reflection staring back at her.

Hand marks were all over her hips, hickeys planted on her neck as well. She had no idea if makeup would cover the dark kisses but she hoped it did.

Hopping in the shower she let the cool water cascade down her body and calm her nerves. The idea of hiding something this big from her friends has her feeling so guilty.

Deep down she knows that's not the only reason she wants to stop seeing him.