Chapter 39

Everything in Coraline's room was completely destroyed by the next day. Her knuckles were bruised and with dried blood from when she shattered her bathroom mirror. She was sure everyone in the Hufflepuff dormitory had heard her.

She was now sat on the floor with her knees bundled up to her chest, her head buried into them. She wasn't crying anymore she was just- numb.

Her baby had left her five days ago and her love had left her yesterday. At least she had her friends. They had talked yesterday before class ended so they thought she was okay and just sleeping since it was five in the morning and class doesn't start until another three hours.

Standing up slowly, she tried to keep her legs from wobbling as she walked to the bathroom. She didn't even bother removing yesterdays uniform she wore yesterday as she stepped into the shower, the scorching water immediately burning her through the clothes. She winced at the hot temperature but just sat down and let her body soak it all.

She sat there quietly and thought about the day ahead of her. She didn't think she could face Draco after he had left her.

𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙

It was now time for potions and Coraline debated on sitting it out. The thought immediately left her mind when she remembered her perfect attendance. She couldn't ruin it just because she didn't want to face him.

Making her way to the class, she inhaled deeply as she opened the door, not sparing a glance to Draco's desk. She was early to class so it was completely empty with only the sound of shuffling heard.

Draco looked up from his desk to see who entered to see Coraline sitting at the back of the class while not sparing him a glance. He couldn't lie and say it didn't hurt when she didn't look at him but it was for the best. He wouldn't be able to live if something else happened to her because of him.

She started taking out her books quietly, not bringing her head up. She knew that if she looked at him again, she would start crying again. It seemed like that's what she always did these days- cry. She absolutely hated it.

Other students started making their way in making the tension leave her shoulders. She couldn't stand being alone in a room with him any longer.

"Settle down class." They all quieted down at his command, all of their eyes now on him. "If you all remember correctly, today is the day the test is going to be taken. So take out your quills and get ready."

Some groans were heard around the room, but Coraline didn't bother paying attention to them. After everything that had happened, she had only studied for such little time- she was sure she would fail.

If her grades slipped, she was afraid she wouldn't be able to become a healer like she wanted. She fisted her hair slightly and looked down at her desk, black dress pants snapping her out of her trance.

The test was placed in front of her, sweat starting to slightly bead up at her forehead. She held the paper in her hand and looked it over, her eyes starting to burn when she didn't know any of the questions.

Grabbing her quill, she tried to write down the best answer she could but her mind didn't let her. Her mind was too clouded with everything to focused on a sole thing.

Breathing in deeply, she unclenched her right hand and stopped them from shaking, noting down the answer she thought it was. She knew she was going to flunk the test but at least she tried her best.

𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙

By the end of it, Coraline's mind was all fuzzy. She has never been so in thought about a test. She usually knew all of the answers like the back of her hand considering how much she used to study.

Draco started collecting the test from the front of the class with the same scowl he always had on his face. He reached the back of the class to collect the other students papers as well when he saw a hand raise from the corner of his eye.

Looking up slightly, he saw Coraline with a tired look on her face and her hand risen to the air. He kept his face composed and hummed lightly as he continued to pick up the test papers, letting her know he was listening.

"May I go use the restroom?" He nodded and watched as she stood up shakily and walked out the door. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and collected her paper as well now that she wasn't there.

As he was walking back to his desk, he couldn't help but worry at how shaken Coraline looked as she walked out.

Bad thoughts filled his mind as he thought deeper into her actions. 𝙃𝙖𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙖𝙙? 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙧 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬-

"Scorpius." He called out before he could even think anything else, "go check on Ms. Lennox. It seems to me like she's wanting to skip class with how long she's taking in the bathroom."

He just rolled his eyes slightly and walked out, unsure if his father was just saying that to get her in trouble. She'd nearly been out for three minutes.

As he walked down the corridor to the girls bathroom, he could hear pacing echoing as he got closer. He tried to stay as quiet as possible and peeked his head in to find her mumbling to herself with her hands in her hair.

Walking in as calmly as possible, he saw her look up with wide eyes but immediately calm down when she saw it was him. A small smile rose on her face as she walked closer to him, him getting closer as well.

She opened her arms and wrapped them around him, letting her eyes flutter closed. He looked down at her in confusion but said nothing and wrapped his own around her.

"Is everything alright Lina? You've been acting weird these past few days." She nodded her head and buried it into his chest, her legs nearly giving out.

He lifted a hand and pressed it against her head as he looked down at her. "We have to get back to class. My dads already getting a bit pissed off."

Shaking her head, she looked up at him with slightly widened eyes. "I can't go in there Scorp- please don't make me."

Furrowing his brows in confusion, he grabbed her chin lightly and made her look at him. "Why don't you want to go back to class, Lina? Is something wrong?"

She shook her head and unwrapped her arms, her eyes still on his. "I've just been stressed these days", she stopped and thought for a moment, her eyes lighting up.

"Do you have something that can make me relax?" She knew he had weed and alcohol but she wanted to see if he would actually consider giving her some.

He sighed and looked up for a moment, knowing exactly what she wanted. Looking back into her eyes, he nodded.

"I might have some. I'll give you it after class."