Chapter 20

Draco didn't understand what he did wrong.

All he wanted was for her to know that she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to. Her friends were waiting for her and she was going to choose his pleasure over them asking questions.

He didn't want to seem like a bother but he needed to find out who put those thoughts into his girls head.

It was already the next day and he was sat down on the table alone for breakfast. Last night he heard her sobs from Scorpius's dorm which made his heart clench in sadness. The whole night he wondered who could've had her so pained. Someone had to have hurt her.

The sound of footsteps filled the dining area making his ears perk up. Eli came into the kitchen making him sigh and looked back down to his plate barely touched plate.

He could hear the boy sit down at a corner and start grabbing all sorts of foods. Draco could feel the words itch in the back of his throat. He had to ask him who had got her this upset.

"Eli", he turned his head at the voice calling his name, staring at him with slight confusion, "can I call you Eli?"

He nodded, fixing his posture and smiling softly. Draco had never even bothered to breathe his way so it was a big shock when he spoke to him.

"Yes sir." He spoke clearly, not wanting to show him the tinge of nervousness in his tone.

Draco dropped his utensils softly into the plate and cleared his throat, "yesterday night I heard Ms. Lennox coming down from her room in the middle of the night when I was in the kitchen, and I heard her crying", he stopped and looked at him intensely, trying to see if his expression would give anything away, "would you care to explain why she was doing all that ruckus?"

He shouldn't had sounded mean but he had to sound firm for him to actually tell him and not get up and leave.

"Sir I-", he looked up the stairs and waited for anyone to come down and save him from the conversation. He looked back at him and gulped, not giving anything away, "with all respect I can't tell you something that she might not feel comfortable with her friends father knowing."

Draco bit the inside of his cheek in annoyance, looking to the side and pressing his hands onto the table.

"I understand that but when she's waking up 𝗺𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝗳𝗲", he knew he shouldn't have said that but he has to get the truth out of him, "it is my problem. So what happened."

Eli's shoulders tensed as he looked back to make sure no one was listening. He looked back and ran his hands through his hair, bringing them back down to his face.

"It's her mom ok?" He spoke lowly with wide eyes, unsure if he should continue, "I-", he bit the skin around his nails and looked at him seriously,  "I'm only telling you because you can never mention her- she's really sensitive about it and if you do she will get really bad and I mean", his eyes widened even more as he whispered a bit lower, "really bad. She will barely eat or talk to anyone."

Draco nodded in understanding, looking back down to his plate when he heard multiple footsteps walking down the stairs. Faye and Scorpius walked down quietly, taking a seat closest to Eli.

No one spoke at the table, everyone just getting food here and there. It bothered him how they were just eating normally when Coraline wasn't even coming down.

Astoria came down next, his eyes rolling in annoyance when she sat right next to him. It wasn't a shock that he hated her. It was an arranged marriage either way but it was also that she cheats on him left and right and denies it when he confronts her.

One time he caught her and a random guy having sex in their room. They had a huge fight because of it and she just kept saying it was an accident.

He just got tired of always being there for her when she didn't care about him but only his money.

"Babe, can you pass me the pancakes?" Her high pitched voice spoke making his ears ring. He hummed and stretched out his hand, grabbing it and putting it in front of her.

He kept his head down afterwards, the feeling of Astoria's hand going to his bicep making him clench his teeth. She never seemed to get the hint that he doesn't feel anything towards her and she's just here because Scorpius doesn't know a thing about what she did and still does.

He only thinks his dad hates her because he's an asshole and he has to keep it that way. He doesn't want him hating his own mother.

"I'll be back", Scorpius spoke loud enough for everyone to hear, "I'm going to check on Lina." Faye and Eli nodded, sharing a look of worry and staying sat down.

Draco had to keep himself from getting up and telling him he'll go.

"What is wrong with that girl? First she comes in acting all nice and shit and now she's acting like a freak?"

The table shook as Draco brought his fist down onto the table in anger. He turned his head to her, watching as she stared at him with a shocked look. "Shut your mouth. Can you not see her friends are at the table?"

She scoffed and crossed her arms, looking at him up and down, "why are you acting like this? Are you fucking her or something-", her words were cut off as he abruptly got up, turning to look at her with wide angry eyes.

"Lets talk outside." He seethed, walking around the table and out of the room. Eli and Faye stayed sat there with wide eyes, waiting silently for Scorpius to come back.

𝙉𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩. 𝙉𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚.